• 05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
    Sushigaijin
    E3 - those rubber screw caps!
    Yeah.

The rubber screw caps that cover the wire ports. You know, the ones that everyone loses in a week? Know where to buy them?

Thanks.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
  • 05-30-2009, 09:23 PM
    Atomic2
    Re: E3 - those rubber screw caps!
    https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...323&submit1=Go

I need the Remote Cable cap myself but I might go steal it from a display camera at the local store [shhh!]

Do you need both? Hey we're both in Chicago, maybe we can help each other out lol.
  • 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
    Sushigaijin
    Ha!

I need the remote cable too. I think the strap unscrews it when it's slung at my side. If you see a lens hood for a 5o macro, I'll take it....Olympus wants $39 for a replacement. :eek:

I guess I'll just buy the screw cap now - I think I'll stick it on with a drop of epoxy when in arrives. I'll never use the sync ports but I worry that not having the cap effects the camera's weather sealing...and I DO use that feature frequently!
  • 05-30-2009, 10:37 PM
    Atomic2
    Yea same, I am worried about the sync port affecting the weather sealing. However I took it in the rain without it anyway and it still works lol.

However, I would not glue it on, you never know when it may come in handy, maybe you're doing some studio work, or maybe you are going to sell it one day. Either way, I would just hold on it it until it rains and then put it on then.
  • 05-31-2009, 07:29 AM
    Greg McCary
    Yep, those caps were the first thing I lost. I replaced them only to have them come off again. I give up.....I don't think I will replace them again.LOL
  • 05-31-2009, 10:39 AM
    Atomic2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Yep, those caps were the first thing I lost. I replaced them only to have them come off again. I give up.....I don't think I will replace them again.LOL

Have you taken the camera in the rain since you lost them?
  • 05-31-2009, 11:00 AM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomic2
    Have you taken the camera in the rain since you lost them?

No, I very seldom shoot in the rain.
  • 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
    Photo-John
    I recommend a piece of gum as a replacement :D
  • 06-01-2009, 10:05 PM
    Atomic2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I recommend a piece of gum as a replacement :D

Ive considered it. But then I thought, what if one day I need it? or if one day I decide to sell, someone isnt going to like a port full of gum.
  • 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
    T-M
    I've had an E-10 for nine years and have never lost the caps. The caps are available at https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...323&submit1=Go
  • 06-07-2009, 02:07 PM
    webkid90
    I think I'll stick it on with a drop of epoxy when in arrives. I'll never use the sync ports but I worry that not having the cap effects the camera's weather sealing.
  • 06-08-2009, 12:29 AM
    Atomic2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by T-M
    I've had an E-10 for nine years and have never lost the caps. The caps are available at https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...323&submit1=Go

Jeez! E-10 eh? thats quite the antique now! I do love that thing, such an oddity.