Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

E-510 Menu question: my first post

I have begun to learn my new E-510 which I just recieved. Although a long-time 35mm and point and shoot and shoot digicam user, I have finally made the leap to DSLR,

Everything is going well so far, but I have one question. On the menu screen at the bottom right hand corner is displayed a number, at this time a three-digit number. NOWHERE in the manual can I see an explanation of what this number means. Does it refer to the number of photos I have left to shoot on the card using the present settings? Is it an indication of remaining battery life? Speaking of which, where is there info about battery status?

Thank you in advance for your patience, as I am sure for many of you these are elementary questions.

Re: E-510 Menu question: my first post

Quote Originally Posted by tbob
    I have begun to learn my new E-510 which I just recieved. Although a long-time 35mm and point and shoot and shoot digicam user, I have finally made the leap to DSLR,

Everything is going well so far, but I have one question. On the menu screen at the bottom right hand corner is displayed a number, at this time a three-digit number. NOWHERE in the manual can I see an explanation of what this number means. Does it refer to the number of photos I have left to shoot on the card using the present settings? Is it an indication of remaining battery life? Speaking of which, where is there info about battery status?

Thank you in advance for your patience, as I am sure for many of you these are elementary questions.
    First thanks for stopping by and welcome to Photography Review. Next, the number you are reffering to is how many pictures you have left to shoot or how many your CF or SD card will hold. This number will change depending on what type image you are shooting. High quality Jpeg, Raw ect. It depends too on how big your memory card is.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

also, you cant really tell your battery status until it's getting pretty low. when it's low, a red indicator will show up in the top left corner over the menu.

Welcome to Olympus. Hope you enjoy your 510
    Olympus System DSLR's. Canon Point and Shoots.
    Have a nice day...

Quote Originally Posted by xwingkiller
    also, you cant really tell your battery status until it's getting pretty low. when it's low, a red indicator will show up in the top left corner over the menu.
    On the contrary, the battery status indicator blinks on the upper left of the LCD screen momentarily whenever you put in a new battery.

Greetings, and enjoy the camera. Olympus is a great choice.
    Olympus System DSLR's. Canon Point and Shoots.
    Have a nice day...

I noticed that we still don't have any user reviews for the E-420. Any of you who are using the E-420 - we need your reviews! User reviews are the foundation of this site and everyone's review counts. You don't have to be a pro or have any qualification other than owning the camera. Everyone has something valuable to offer.

Read and write Olympus E-420 user reviews >>

Please let us know what you think of the E-420 pro review. You can post here or post a comment on the review page.

Please let us know what you think of the E-420 pro review. You can post here or post a comment on the review page?
    Decrease your exam stress by using our latest http://www.e-six-sigma.com/ and best quality Colorado College We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with dundeeacuk Best of luck.

E 510 Menu question my first post

I have ONLY a top level menu -- no submenu.On the small s creen when the menu items drop down, there is BIG X where I think the HB icon should be -- how do I get rid of that x?Thanks.

The information about the product you share is very good. I enjoyed the product you shared.
    mapquest directions

Thread Information