Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

E-500 ISO question.....

does anyone know how to unlock the higher ISO?? it only has it highlighted up to 400 i can't access the higher numbers it shows!
    Thanks in Advance!
    Heather

Re: E-500 ISO question.....

You have to activate ISO boost from the menu. You may find pictures to be a little noisy higher than 400 though. I never went any higher when I owned a 500.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

yeah i found some noise on the 400 last time...i am taking some photos for my friends band...mostly in bars with horrible lighting and i dont always want to use the flash and blind everyone. I am just using the onboard flash right now. A friend of mine who also does photography of bands said she shoots at like 800-1000 but i never see any noise in her pics. she has a nikon tho so its probobly different. Any ideas on how i can take better pictures in such bad lighting without the flash? Thanks for any help!

It is going to be hard with the 500. It is known for it's high iso noise. You might try some noise reduction software, The best bet is a fast lens you can shoot more open or a camera upgrade or both. The 500 is a couple of generations old.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks so much...i really cant afford a new lense right now let alone a new camera.....sigh...i will just hope for the best! they didnt coem out too bad last time...the ones that seemed the worst i just converted to b&w in photoshop lol. Thanks for the help!

I understand. Thanks for posting. Please post a few shots when you get some in. I have only ever tried one concert. Just for fun I shot B&W film and pushed it to 1200iso. It worked like a charm.

Sony a99/a7R

Here are a few... still don't think i did too bad for my first time doing something indoors....especially in that horrible small bar lighting lol its all a learning experience!

without flash they all kinda came out like this........

with flash........

I agree, not bad. With a little practice you could do well. The best advice I ever got was practice, practice, practice.

Sony a99/a7R

Thank you! I appreciate the input! I have a website if you would like to see some more.
    hkurtzphoto.com

Thread Information