E-1 Question

Printable View

• 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
    NaturalWoman
    E-1 Question
    I recently purchased an E-1, yes it really is all that, even at 5mp, it's more than enough. And because I'm an Olympus junkie.

Anyhoo, there is an external pin on the side to attach a synch cord. I have an old Novatron 240 light set up that i could use, but I was wondering if the voltage applied to that pin in the same way it applies to the hot shoe.

Over 6 voltage, and I'm almost sure my power pack is, I could fry my camera or the hot shoe? Is this correct or should I be safe using the power pack or a safe synch adapter.

i also have continious lights as well but the strobe lights are just sitting and i doubt i can sell them so I will use them if I'm able to. I rather not buy anything though.

What's the voltage capacity on that external pin? Anyone know. I have a compliant flash. Thanks.

v
  • 07-02-2010, 01:19 PM
    Don Kondra
    Re: E-1 Question
    No problem using a sync cord from the camera to the lights. The power pack will power the strobe but has nothing to do with the sync to the camera.

Cheers, Don
  • 07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
    NaturalWoman
    cool, thanks.
  • 07-18-2010, 08:12 AM
    chris123
    I am also looking for this from a long time.I also need this.Thank you for sharing this about E-1 i am also feeling some issue with them but now it will resolve.
  • 08-28-2010, 09:55 AM
    Marc2B4
    I use White Lightning monolights with my E-1s. I have the W/L wireless shutter release, the voltage question doesn't come into play.
  • 09-02-2010, 01:54 PM
    Don Kondra
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kondra
    No problem using a sync cord from the camera to the lights. The power pack will power the strobe but has nothing to do with the sync to the camera.

Cheers, Don

EDIT > The camera sync is 6 vdc. Having said that when in doubt use a wireless flash trigger (Gadget Infinity) or Safe Sync Hot Shoe to PC Sync Adapter

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...m/olympus08-20