contemplating the E3

Printable View

• 02-11-2010, 06:02 AM
    Jaedon
    contemplating the E3
    A local camera store has an E3 advertised at a significant reduction because it was their display model so they are selling it off as an open box item.

I currently shoot with the E620 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is worth the investment to upgrade to the pro body?

Will there be less noise in lower light situations? Is the 5 frames per second over the 3.5 worth it? Are the extra focus points ( I may be mistaken on this one) helpful?

Any suggestions/opinions are welcomed. I will be making the purchase tonight if I decide to go that way so please let loose with your opinions for me =)

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jaedon
  • 02-11-2010, 06:24 AM
    Iguanamom
    Re: contemplating the E3
    If you're using a 620, you need to updated your signature. :)

I don't use an E-3, but looking at some reviews might help. http://www.photographyreview.com/mfr...7_3127crx.aspx
  • 02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
    Greg McCary
    There is lower noise at higher ISO's. I get very usable shots at night up to 800iso. I have never shot with the 620 but just the 510. Yes there is a noticable difference in IQ. The E3 is a beast. If you carry it around all day it can get heavy. I don't shoot burst either so I can't tell you the difference between 3.5 and 5. The E3 focuses faster with more focus points. I think the 620 only has 3. I have for not one minute regreted the purchase. The controls are much different and take some getting use to. I think you will be happy with the upgrade, if you do.
  • 02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
    Jaedon
    I got the E3 today and I am already smiling.

Thanks for the advice Greg. I can always count on your opinion I find.

My son is now the proud owner of my old E500 to learn on. He's the envy of his class getting all my throw aways. He's the only 2nd grader with his own 15" laptop, Digital SLR and a cell phone (no service on teh phone but it plays games on it lol)
  • 02-12-2010, 03:39 AM
    Greg McCary
    I think you will be very happy with the E3. Let us all know your likes and dislikes. Post us a link to your review later.
  • 02-12-2010, 06:16 AM
    Iguanamom
    Hey wow, that was quick. Enjoy. I contemplated the E-3, but the E-30 drew me in with its snazzy new sensor and electronic spirit level.