color management profiles

Printable View

• 07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
    61windsor
    color management profiles
    I just realized that I should have posted this in the Computer, etc forum. I reposted there..
    I am new to this forum and new to digital photography. Although, I have been around digital prepress (scans and image editing) for some time.

I just acquired a E500 and I want to put my iMAC to work. Does the E500 attach a color profile to each image or, if not, where can I find the proper profile? I have done some searching but no luck so far. "Olympus Help" has not been a help so far....

Any help with getting the most predictable color out of my system would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ray
  • 07-28-2009, 10:33 PM
    Sushigaijin
    Re: color management profiles
    The E500 does attach a color profile. You can change it in the camera menus.

I usually shoot in aRGB and then convert to sRGB just before I save as a web-ready jpg or print at full resolution. I do this because I use photoshop for post-processing. Shoot in Adobe colorspace, edit in adobe colorspace seems to make sense to me. The final conversion to sRGB is so that the photos display well on non-adobe applications like firefox, IE, and print predictably.

Your results may vary.
  • 08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
    61windsor
    Re: color management profiles
    Thanks for the information and suggestions. They are greatly appreciated.
    Ray