Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>
    Liz

B&H has Oly 12-60 "used" lens

B&H has a used Olympus 12-60 lens used for $679 - it's rated 9+ - like new in box. It's a savings of about $120......if anyone is interested. They go fast at B&H .... just fyi.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._4_ED_SWD.html

Sometimes a savings of $100+ might be just enough. I just purchased the Oly M9-18 because the price dropped $100.

Liz

Re: B&H has Oly 12-60 "used" lens

Liz that is a nice deal and will also drive down the price of used ones as well. I certainly wish Olympus would announce something new in the 4/3rd series, camera or lens. It has been awhile since they have come out with anything new and prices continue to fall.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Liz that is a nice deal and will also drive down the price of used ones as well. I certainly wish Olympus would announce something new in the 4/3rd series, camera or lens. It has been awhile since they have come out with anything new and prices continue to fall.
    I too wish they would come out with some new lenses. I was back and forth as to whether I should purchase the M9-18 or the Zuiko ED 9-18 because I have the E-620 and E-PL1. However, I really wanted the micro version because of the weight (and size - tiny), but the price was $700. Since it dropped to $598 I took the leap.

At any rate, now that I bought it, maybe something new will come down the pike that looks better. After I spent my money! I just returned from vacation and realized that I use a wider angle MUCH more than I thought! I would have used it more than any other lens I had with me. Of course, I was in the mountains and near lots of water.

IMO, Olympus is sorely in need of producing more (fast) lenses - and more of a variety - especially for the M4/3.

Liz

As popular as the m4/3rd gear is I am sure there is going to be some stellar lenses in the future. I for one would like to see something similar in performance to the 12-60mm.
    I also wonder if the m4/3rd is the future and maybe soon we will see a m4/3rd pro body with a built in EVF.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I cant imagine a pro-level m43 camera. In reality the camera would not be much smaller than a regular camera, but the autofocus performance would not be anywhere near what is possible with a mirror.
    E-3, E-510
    12-60 2.8-4.0
    40-150 3.5-4.5
    Sigma 30 1.4
    Zenit 58 F2 [with M42 adapter]
    Metz 48

Hey Guys,
    I have been using Oly e-510 since it was released in 2007 I bought the 14-54mm lens along with the 70-300mm. They're far from perfect system but I was able to get the best shots of my life using them, getting around all their faults using my skills in Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom. I've been wanting to upgrade but didn't like the e-620 nor the e-520 before it. Now, I really don't like the path that Olympus is taking, making little cameras that resemble P&S while ignoring the loyal enthusiast photographers class that stood by them all along. I don't care about the size so much although I never thought that the "E" series were heavy or big by any means. However, I recently bought three cameras to try out, the Canon 550d + canon 15-85mm lens, Nikon d5000, and the Nikon d90 + 16-85mm lens. All three cameras with lens combinations were much better than what Olympus would ever make. I sent the first two back and kept the d90 + 16-85mm vr lens. Oh boy, how misled I was with that Olympus 4/3 crab. the d90 is an unbelievable camera and the lens is incredible. Oly "crab", hasta la vista baby, I'm a NIKON user now!!.
    These are very difficult lighting unedited shots by the d90. The lower part of the house is very dark, the camera preserved all shadow details, as well as in the sky, and everything in between. Color fringing? no more, Nikon's in camera processing automatically eliminates ALL color fringing, images are as clean as a whistle.
    The second shot with the sky background light, the palm could easily been dark by many cameras but details were preserved in all image around. Again in a cloudy day, purple fringing is a must but not in this case, not a trace of any fringing at all, impressive.
    The third is similar to the second.
    I'm not trying to put anyone down simply because I'm a long time Olympus user and still own an Olympus, but seeing the truth is a good thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B&H has Oly 12-60 "used" lens-dsc_0024.jpg   B&H has Oly 12-60 "used" lens-dsc_0021.jpg   B&H has Oly 12-60 "used" lens-dsc_0020.jpg  
    Last edited by Asmarlak; 07-27-2010 at 09:49 AM.

"Edit"

Ah, why bother...
    Last edited by Don Kondra; 07-27-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Thread Information