Atlanta Area Shooters

Printable View

• 08-02-2010, 04:29 AM
    guzziknight
    Atlanta Area Shooters
    Anyone here live in the Atlanta area who shoots with an E-600, or similar?

I'm still trying to learn this camera since it's my first DSLR. I'd love to get together to learn the finer points on shooting with it, and maybe figure out how to set it up correctly for different shooting scenes.

Thanks,

Yaniv
  • 08-03-2010, 05:40 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Atlanta Area Shooters
    I live in Rome. I have shot with the e500, e510, ep-1 and e3. If you are ever in the area I would be glad to help you. You also could get a good book on exposure. Learn to shoot in manual and you will never look back. Is there anything specific you want help with, night shots, waterfalls, street shooting?
  • 08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
    Greg McCary
    We could meet up in the Cartersville/Euharlee area. I would love to go back to the Milliam bridge.
  • 08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
    guzziknight
    Thanks Greg,

That would work fine. I'm in Chamblee, but driving's not an issue. The biggest thing I'm trying to figure out is noise, seems to be high, even on 100 ISO, and using RAW. So far, doesn't seem to be giving much extra over the JPEG, but that's probably a fault of mine, rather than the camera.

With all the settings I can use in the camera, I just want to make sure I'm getting off on the right foot.

Yaniv
  • 08-04-2010, 02:36 AM
    Greg McCary
    A couple of things. Missing exposure or pushing exposure in post cam cause noise. Check on your camera and see that NR is on. Noise has always been an issue with the Olympus line but they do seem to get better with each model. There are several NR softwares out there, Lightroom has NR. Though that is mot totally an answer. Even the software can only do so much.
  • 08-04-2010, 03:58 AM
    guzziknight
    I've got the NR set on Auto, and the Noise Filter set to Standard.

I'm still learning PS and post production.
  • 08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
    Atomic2
    My friends live in atlanta, I hear theres a lot of shootings.