Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Any suggestions for this setup?

My dd's 2 year birthday is tomorrow but by the time I get home it will be dark outside. We are just having a my parents over and diong a cake and presents. I would really like to get some non blurry half way decent pics of her but I have such a hard time doing this in my kitchen without natural light. I have two florecent lights (like the kind in classrooms) and that is about it. I plan on setting my camera on the tri pod but I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers of what I should have my camera set on. WB, SS, AP, etc. Anything to get a halfway decent pic.

Re: Any suggestions for this setup?

Take a few test shots in Auto and look at the settings that the camera chooses. Then go form there

Personally I would set ISO to 200 and then set the flash to 1/4 or 1/16 (pop up the flash and hit the flash button again for easy acces to flash controls) I would have the WB set to sunlight SS around 1/60 or 1/100 and Aperture would be wide open on the lens...but that's just me.. I wonder what everyone else will suggest.
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

Re: Any suggestions for this setup?

yeah i would say the same. maybe even go with something a little warmer like 5500K or even 5700K to make the faces a little warmer looking. adjust it to your liking. just so that you dont end up with pale faced pictures. get some sun looking in to thair faces. also if you have a flash that can be bounced off the ceiling try that combined with the bult in flash at 1/64th to reduce shadows form underneeath their chin n ****. i like that setup its nicer.

Thread Information