50-200mm, Beast

Printable View

• 01-01-2011, 06:27 PM
    Greg McCary
    50-200mm, Beast
    Well I have had the 50-200mm for only a few days and really haven't had much time with it. But in the short time I have used it I am amazed at the speed, accuracy and sharpness. I will try some more shooting before I write a review. In the past I think I have jumped the gun and wrote a review before the new wears off.LOL
    I think I am going to have to tie bricks to the legs of my tripod....LOL

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...4-3rd_crop.jpg
  • 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM
    rubeel
    Re: 50-200mm, Beast
    is it the swd ??
  • 01-01-2011, 06:58 PM
    Greg McCary
    No, not SWD. Not sure I need SWD.
  • 01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
    Marc2B4
    Greg, you really think it's a big lens? When I first bought mine, I thought it was small in comparison to the Nikon 70-200 f2.8. For me, when I use a camera body without an external powergrip, all longer lenses cause the camera to feel totally out of balance. Might want to check out an HLD-4, not only does it improve the balance in my opinion, it also improves focusing response.

Mark
  • 01-02-2011, 07:15 AM
    Greg McCary
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc2B4
    Greg, you really think it's a big lens? When I first bought mine, I thought it was small in comparison to the Nikon 70-200 f2.8. For me, when I use a camera body without an external powergrip, all longer lenses cause the camera to feel totally out of balance. Might want to check out an HLD-4, not only does it improve the balance in my opinion, it also improves focusing response.

Mark

I thought about a grip but I don't shot a ton of pictures when I am shooting. I also really have no place to see cameras and gear. I rely on comments and reviews here.
  • 01-03-2011, 09:18 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I thought about a grip but I don't shot a ton of pictures when I am shooting. I also really have no place to see cameras and gear. I rely on comments and reviews here.

Congratulations Greg! Wow looks like you chose a winner! Nice photo. I'm really looking forward to seeing more! :thumbsup:

BTW, not to appear too ignorant (but the truth is the truth!), what is SWD?

Also - seeing your image from a new lens encourages me to make my New Year's resolution realistic - take at least one picture a day....work on my skills - AND leave my camera where I HAVE to see it before I go out the door. My equipment is not getting used enough.....

Liz
  • 01-03-2011, 09:38 AM
    armando_m
    Greg, very sharp , excellent exposure !

Liz, SWD: Supersonic Wave Drive
    Autofocusing is powered by Olympus’s breakthrough SWD. Developed as the “world’s fastest AF system”
    I didn't know either... googled "Olympus SWD"
  • 01-03-2011, 09:51 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by armando_m
    Greg, very sharp , excellent exposure !

Liz, SWD: Supersonic Wave Drive
    Autofocusing is powered by Olympus’s breakthrough SWD. Developed as the “world’s fastest AF system”
    I didn't know either... googled "Olympus SWD"

Cool! Thanks.

Duh........I google everything! But, for some odd reason, I didn't give google a thought today! Thanks for doing it for me!

Liz
  • 01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
    Sushigaijin
    Nice, Greg.

I like mine too, and it is big. I use it mostly with the ex-25, or at close range without. It's just too short for a really useful N&W telephoto. I sure with 4/3 would release a 400mm in the same quality, because it is a really sharp and accurate lens, and it's built like a tank.