Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

E-510 liveView Histogram

Hello everyone,

I am the proud owner of a E-510 since Christmas, and i have a question:

The E-510 Live View histogram has change since the initial release of the camera. The review(s) photo display a fully white histogram, but my camera display a colored one.

It has a blue vertical band on the left for the underexposed part, red on the right for the overexposed part and i understand this.

What puzzles me is in the central area, there is the white histogram, but also a green histogram.

This reacts as if this was the histogram of the central area of hoto.

Does anyone knows for sure what this represent?

Thanks,
    François
    Last edited by fjhleger; 04-05-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Re: E-510 liveView Histogram

Boy, What a good question. I had to do some digging for this one. If you look on page 101 of the manual, and look hard. The green histo is for spot metering and it is giving you info on the area inside the circle on your screen. Thanks for the question. I never use live view. It's good to know.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Many thanks, Greg.

I never took a dig into the section 8 of the manual. I did look to the pages referenced on the index, but none drived to this section.

As for the green area: It's not even the center circle, it displays the illumination info related to the AutoFocus center cross. I have confirmed this using a window against a luninuous sky.
    François

Thanks for the info. Like I say this is good to know. It might come in handy on spot shooting flowers. I will from time to time use live view to compose a flower shot. I am to old and have had to many back surgeries to get on the ground.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information