Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: Picked up E1

Picked up E1

I picked up an E1. I plan to use it for time lapse. I don't want to wear out my E5s shutter doing it, so here it is. Someone asked the question about how quite the shutters are, well the E1 is the quietest 4/3rd camera I have used to date If I keep this one it will get abused.LOL
    Sorry for the cheesy Toshiba picture. I was to lazy to break out the E5...

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Have Cameras. Will Shoot! NaturalWoman's Avatar

Re: Picked up E1

i have an e1 too that i am reluctant to part with (currently selling my 4/3 gear for micro 4/3rd - can't carry the heavy stuff right now (car accident)) because it's such a great camera. i love the color, the feel and the shutter is magic. it's very comfortable to hold and i appreciate that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles i won't use.

i do have a focusing screen (split) i may part with that i purchased from tiger eyes (mostly for manual focusing lenses. if you're ever interested in it let me know before it goes on ebay.

enjoy it. i LOVE this camera.
    Happily photographing within my camera's limitations.Website

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalWoman View Post
    i have an e1 too that i am reluctant to part with (currently selling my 4/3 gear for micro 4/3rd - can't carry the heavy stuff right now (car accident)) because it's such a great camera. i love the color, the feel and the shutter is magic. it's very comfortable to hold and i appreciate that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles i won't use.

i do have a focusing screen (split) i may part with that i purchased from tiger eyes (mostly for manual focusing lenses. if you're ever interested in it let me know before it goes on ebay.

enjoy it. i LOVE this camera.
    The E1 seems to have a cult following. There are many who are just simply happy with it. I can see why. I also like the simplicity of it. It just feels right in my hands. Just PM me. Yes I have some OM glass and might could use a screen.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Have Cameras. Will Shoot! NaturalWoman's Avatar

i would say i hope you enjoy it, but no one touches an E1 and not enjoy it. so, i will say have fun.

i bought it so that i could use manual focusing, but since i'm moving to mico 4/3rds, i don't really need the screen.
    Happily photographing within my camera's limitations.Website

Thread Information