For you coffee drinkers

Printable View

• 03-12-2006, 05:24 PM
    BMWJNKY
    For you coffee drinkers
    For all of you coffee drinkers out there you might want to give this a try. I used to have one cup of coffee mid morning almost every day but a couple weeks ago I switched to hot green tea. I find the green tea gives me a better pick me up than a strong cup of coffee and I don't get the cafine headaches on the days where I didn't have my cup of tea like the coffee did.
  • 03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
    Photo-John
    I want it all
    I drink both :D
  • 03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
    mjs1973
    Re: For you coffee drinkers
    I have given up on even trying tea. I have never found one that tasted like anything other than dirty water. I'm not a coffee drinker either. I will on occasion (once ever 2-3 months) have a cup or two of coffee at work to keep my head from bobbing up and down when I'm just too tired to even keep my eyes open. But in order to drink it, I have to put so much french vanilla creamer in it that I can't even taste the coffee. If I can taste coffee, their isn't enuf crap in it yet. I don't know if it's the coffee that's giving me that pick me up, or all the sugar from the creamer, but whatever it is, it works. I gave up soda about 12 years ago or so too, so my caffine intake these days is pretty low. Some chocolate once in a while, but too much of that and I end up with a headache.

I have read that an apple in the morning is suppose to help wake you up better than coffee, but I have never noticed any sort of pick me up after eating an apple.

What works best for me is a good night sleep of about 6 hours, and start the day off by going to the gym. I'm not a huge workout nut or anything, but getting up, and getting moving helps me get the day off to a good start.
  • 03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
    Asylum Steve
    I second that...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I drink both :D

...but I find tea is not a "pick me up", but rather a "calm me down"...:)

Strickly coffee in the morning for me, but as I've had sleep problems in the past, I cut it off by early afternoon. I don't drink tea all the time, but if I do, it's green in the late afternoon, and Chamomile with ginger and honey (ooh, am I a Metrosexual, or what???) in the evening.

Definitely helps me sleep... :cool:
  • 03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
    swmdrayfan
    Sissies;)
    Four cups of coffee in the morning usually gets my heart started.
  • 03-13-2006, 07:00 AM
    another view
    I'm not allowed to talk to anyone before I've had coffee. I used to get the headaches too, but I just make sure to have some every morning when I get up and I'm good. I have to cut it off by afternoon too though or I won't sleep at night even though it never used to bother me.

Actually, I was looking at this book at Border's yesterday - appropriately titled? ;)
  • 03-13-2006, 07:39 AM
    mwfanelli
    I'm not a tea or coffee drinker. I mix pure caffeine into my morning insulin shot. What a jolt!
  • 03-13-2006, 07:52 AM
    Freuzel
    There is nothing like a good espresso before going to bed....Why drink tea anyway?
  • 03-13-2006, 08:29 AM
    adina
    I have TMJ issues, which give me migranes. Caffeine really helps control these. It's funny, bucause I thought I was a freak, but I met a woman who is fairly knowledgeable medically wise, and she said the same thing. She gets migranes, and drinks a cup or two of coffee, when they are just starting and it takes the edge off.

I'm a latte girl. Even my kids know that. They've even ordered for me before I have the chance to open my mouth. "My mom wants a 16oz nonfat vanilla latte" I'm training them well.
  • 03-13-2006, 09:46 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    I have TMJ issues, which give me migranes. Caffeine really helps control these.

Adina, you should look into guarana:

http://www.nutritional-supplement-in...rana-herb.html

It's main ingredient is very similar to caffine, but it's supposed to be a purer substance and more slowly absorbed by the body. My sister used to have migranes, and now swears by the stuff...
  • 03-13-2006, 02:49 PM
    walterick
    What a bunch of users!

I have never had a cup of coffee, EVER. Saw my mom get addicted to it growing up and decided to stay away. I also try to stay away from caffeine in general. No sodas, no tea, no coffee, despite being raised in a family that ritualistically consumes all of them :D Chocolate on occassion, but I am definitely a vanilla guy.

Oh, no alcohol either (about 8 years now!) Or weed. Though I heard the latter isn't that bad for you as long as you eat it... :confused:
  • 03-13-2006, 08:48 PM
    Asylum Steve
    No wonder...
    ...you needed to do that apple diet. Your system's obviously all out of WHACK because you don't "use" all the good stuff we've been talking about... :D ;)
  • 03-14-2006, 07:52 AM
    walterick
    Re: No wonder...
    Heheh...

My drugs of choice are sugar, sex and sunshine :D And 2 out of 3 are free! :D

That apple diet THREW my system out of whack! I wasn't back to normal for a week! And I had to sit through a class that weekend afraid of when my stomach might decide to turn inside out again. :(

Blech. Maybe I'll try wheat grass next time. How's that juicer workin out?
  • 03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick

Wow, you get sugar for FREE??? Cool... :D

Haven't used the juicer yet. Looks like a pain to set up and use and a pain to clean. Guess that comes with the territory. Gonna see if I can try using it today...

On the meantime, I've been drinking mostly grapefruit juice (my citrus juicer is pretty easy to use). We only have one tree, but man it's a bumper crop this year. Must be a hundred grapefruit on that sucker, and I hate to see them go to waste... :cool:
  • 03-14-2006, 02:35 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Heheh...

?

They charge for sunshine out there? Wow, I guess people get weirder the further west you go... :D
  • 03-14-2006, 02:36 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Adina, you should look into guarana:

http://www.nutritional-supplement-in...rana-herb.html

It's main ingredient is very similar to caffine, but it's supposed to be a purer substance and more slowly absorbed by the body. My sister used to have migranes, and now swears by the stuff...

Thanks....going to look into this over the weekend...
  • 03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Hmmm...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    They charge for sunshine out there? Wow, I guess people get weirder the further west you go... :D

I might have to rethink this. I'll have to wait for his answer to your question. You see, naturally I assumed he had to pay for, uh well, you know... :D
  • 03-15-2006, 07:49 AM
    adina
    Okay, yeah, that's what I meant as well. It popped into my head this morning, that what I had posted didn't match what I was thinking.

Imagine that to be the first thought in you head in the morning. Rick and umm...sunshine. My whole day is shot.
  • 03-15-2006, 03:00 PM
    walterick
    Hardy har you guys are a barrel of monkeys!

Caffeine deprived monkeys!

I'll have you know that I have never sunken so low as to have to pay for it yet.

Out west it's free!

And in Arizona there's plenty of it for everyone year round :D

Now in Wisconsin...
  • 03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
    adina
    Quote:

Hardy har you guys are a barrel of monkeys!

Caffeine deprived monkeys!

I'll have you know that I have never sunken so low as to have to pay for it yet.

Out west it's free!

And in Arizona there's plenty of it for everyone year round :D

Now in Wisconsin...

Well now we know your talking about sunshine.