PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Wildlife parks near Los Angeles?

I really want to try out wildlife photography but I live here in los angeles california. I was wondering if anyone here knows a good location for this. I need a place thats with in 70 miles of driving or less. I found some sites on google but the places listed are in the middle of streets which is kind of wierd.

Thank you
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: Wildlife parks near Los Angeles?

I've only been there on business so I can't give you any specific ideas.

What type of wildlife do you want to shoot? I live in a highly populated city but most of my images come from this area. You might be surprised where one can find subjects and how even the smallest areas can yield good opportunities.

I visit several local metro parks and usually visit the same small areas (almost daily) as there is always something different to find.

Alternatively, visit the local zoos, arboretums, aquariums, conservatories, etc. to get some practice under your belt.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Birds, mice, squirrels, insects are all good subjects and then you could just drive into those hills that catch on fire all the time for larger quarry.
    Know everything you can about the creatures you want to shoot first. Are they nocturnal? What do they feed on? Breeding season?. etc.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thanks for all the helpful replies . I guess I should be specific on what creatures I want to photograph. I really want to start doing some bird photography.

"What type of wildlife do you want to shoot? I live in a highly populated city but most of my images come from this area. You might be surprised where one can find subjects and how even the smallest areas can yield good opportunities."

I just found the seuplvidua basin wildlife reserve that’s not to far from where I live. In fact its only 15 miles away from me. I will check it out. I think it’s big enough so that when I go inside I won’t feel that paved roads are outside lol. And If I like it I can go pretty much everyday.

"Know everything you can about the creatures you want to shoot first. Are they nocturnal? What do they feed on? Breeding season?. etc."

Good tip, I have some bird books that will come in handy .
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

Thread Information