PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

why do people love pets?

why do people love pets?

Re: why do people love pets?

Pets are comforting companions. They keep us healthy and relieve stress. They play and show us love. They keep us from being lonely.

There is no exact data about when human attachment to animals first arose. Anthropologists believe that this happened 35-40 thousand years ago and was associated with the appearance in ancient man of the ability to recognize the thoughts and feelings of others

In the years-long confrontation between animal lovers and people who are skeptical of them, there will never be a winner. This question is subjective and a matter of taste. But when the topic is viewed in the context of parenting, controversy is inevitable. Some parents are sure that a pet is an integral part of family life and has only a positive effect on the child, others do not want to hear about the coexistence of a child and an animal in close proximity. Although I think the presence of pets is good for children. So I got a cat for my daughter. Because caring for a creature that is obviously weaker fills the child with confidence, makes him feel like an adult and responsible, and therefore overcomes fear and insecurity in social communication. The role of parents is very important here - entrust the child with taking care of the pet, this is the only way he will develop a sense of responsibility. Well, and try to control the process imperceptibly. By the way, I also bought cat tree https://petonbed.com/best-cat-trees/ and our cat frolics there when she gets bored. It's so beautiful!

Thread Information