I want to buy a whole house water filter. My water contains chloramine, trihalomethane, halo acetic acids, atrazine, lead, nitrate, fluoride, toc, etc. (I will most likely also buy a reverse osmosis drinking system for fluoride removal, but will make that a separate post for organization sake).

I've been googling and reading reviews online for whole house filters, and the reviews I read complain mostly about leaks around the fittings. Can you tell me your experiences with whole house water filters systems and if you have one you like/recommend (or something to avoid).

If you had to buy a whole water filter system is there a good company to work with or particularly good filters to filter out chloramine?

Any opinion on getting say the three 20 in solid carbon blocks systems vs the backwashing catalytic granular carbon tank filters? Whatever experiences, advice, tips, warnings, recommendations etc you can share will be appreciated as I've never owned such a filter and am completely new to this. Thanks.