• 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
    drg
    When do you last use a phone book
    I've been doing fall cleaning and ran across some recyclable materials including old telephone directories. Got to thinking, when did I last use one?? Been a while. My answer to the question is 'Sometime in the past year-maybe?'

Also included the default answer- What is a phone book:D for those young enough that they've not regularly or ever used one!
  • 09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
    armando_m
    Re: When do you last use a phone book
    every time I call a taxi to the airport, never remember to write down the phone, or put it in my phone, and if I do perhaps I'll forget and reach for the phone book anyway

now for something else beside the airport's taxis? I do not know
  • 09-30-2010, 06:15 AM
    sarah87
    In this day and age with Iphones and Balckberry's I think most people use Google to find a certain service instead of looking it up in a phone book. Because most people work long hours and commute, looking things up on your phone is the easiest way!
  • 09-30-2010, 06:31 AM
    Jaedon
    I used a phone book about a week ago.....as a booster seat for my 4 year old =)

I have not turned a page in one in well over 7 years
  • 10-01-2010, 01:32 AM
    flyinion
    Been at least a couple years here, really couldn't tell you when. Besides, I heard if Google doesn't know about it, it doesn't exist anyway :lol: :lol:
  • 10-01-2010, 08:51 AM
    mwfanelli2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drg
    I've been doing fall cleaning and ran across some recyclable materials including old telephone directories. Got to thinking, when did I last use one?? Been a while. My answer to the question is 'Sometime in the past year-maybe?'

Also included the default answer- What is a phone book:D for those young enough that they've not regularly or ever used one!

White pages? It's been at least 20 years.
    Yellow Pages? Last week.
  • 10-02-2010, 08:13 AM
    Loupey
    I used two just this past Monday - to place over some freshly matted pictures :)

But to look up stuff, I can't remember the last time I used one. Hopefully they have reduced printing volumes. Similarly, many car dealerships don't carry car-specific brochures anymore for the same reasons.
  • 10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
    GB1
    It's been awhile. My parents still use them because they're not computer savvy. But I think it's obvious that with the younger generation growing up using computers every day, printed phone books days are numbered. Maybe on-line yellow pages and things of that nature, or white pages where they offer more descriptive data or services that can track someone down for you ...

G
  • 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
    drg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    I used two just this past Monday - to place over some freshly matted pictures :)

Perhaps I'll save the rest that haven't gone to the Re-cycler for flattening out posters or as added weight to to the dry mount press:D
  • 08-13-2019, 10:07 AM
    Yanads
    In fact, relatively recently. There I searched for material for college homework. I did not know where to find the necessary information. For this I used essayreviewexpert.com - this is the best dissertation writing service of all that I know. There I ordered my assignments many times and every time he didn’t let me down.