PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Question What's the fastest that you have ever gone in your car?

Hi to all,

I have a Mustang and I got it past 120+ mph on several occassions on these long Texas highways. How about you guys?

Citroen C2 VTR

I did 105mph (legally) in my car on a German autobahn this summer. But it wasn't long before I came up behind some slower traffic plus the fuel consumption rocketed to 20 miles per US gallon.

I quickly went back to a nice relaxed 80 mph and 33 miles per gallon. Much more eco-friendly.

BTW I think this is a really daft subject
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: What's the fastest that you have ever gone in your car?

130.1mph
    The Smart Roadster Coupe has slightly better aerodynamic than the Smart Roadster, and far better than the Smart ForTwo (aerodynamics of a brick) and even though it uses basically the same 3 cylinder turbocharged Mercedes engine it's far faster.
    Surprisingly that was not on the track at Spa Francorchamps, where I usually top out at about 115mph, but on the German Autobahn.
    Conditions were just right; early morning cold damp air, German Shell VPower 100 octane, and a good long straight over two miles.
    Fastest in the UK is a little over 119mph at Bruntingthorpe Airfield on the main runway on a track day.
    Fuel consumption on the track rises to 30mpg, that's almost all the time on the red line in all gears, rarely using 6th as it's more use as a motorway cruising gear.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

I got up to 103 on my motorcycle and the handle bars boke in two pieces right in the middle. That was the last time I tried it, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now this is a great off topic question! I've had my 6 cylinder Subaru Outback up to about 115 and I've gone much faster on the track on my motorcycle - back when I still did that. It may not look like it, but the Subaru loves to go fast and it feels very comfortable at 100+
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

85 or so.

I do remember my brother picking me up for my mom in our Omni and going over a hundred on the highway.

I'm stunned looking back an Omni could handle that speed without simply falling apart.

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robortwillys
    Hi to all,

I have a Mustang and I got it past 120+ mph on several occassions on these long Texas highways. How about you guys?
    About 115-120 mph on a Kawasaki KZ550 GPZ on a lonely road in Wyoming. A very, very long time ago.

I also road the relatively rare Kawasaki 750 Turbo (yes, Turbo) on a yet-to-be-opened section of the Long Island Expressway (dating myself badly) but I was concentrating on just holding on rather than looking at the speedometer. Truly, a ridiculous vehicle but a real adrenaline rush.

I was a stupid kid!
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I'm not much of a speed freak but I have had a few motorcycles up in the 100+ range. One was a brand new Buell I borrowed from the dealership while my Harley was being serviced. The other was on my Harley after I realized that my sister was no longer behind me. I turned around and flew down the road to find her and her Harley in the ditch.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

110 in my 86 Nissan 300ZX on the freeway. We were driving home late at night & decided to see how fast we could go. Once we hit 110 we decided to go back down to the speed limit. 65 felt SSLLLLOOOOWWWW after that.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I tried in the ForTwo cabrio, I had it remapped and the speed limiter didn't work after that
    It is almost as aerodynamic as a brick outhouse, and although the engine would deliver more I gave up at 115mph - a truly scary ride.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Current vehicle, Nissan 350Z about 105mph on the freeway. That was on accident, had no intention of trying to go that fast. Still haven't gotten to the track yet, looking forward to that.

Previous vehicle, Saturn Ion coupe (not the supercharged one), about 110-112 going accross the I-90 floating bridge about 1am up in the Seattle area a few years back.

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

2001 Ford ZX2
    Interstate 15 near California/Nevada border
    120+ (Speedo only went to 120 and it was pegged - I've since swapped in a 150mph speedometer)

That was the first and last time I have ever gone that fast. Though I may have touched 110 on occasion here and there.

DSC00905

_DSC0087

Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli2
    About 115-120 mph on a Kawasaki KZ550 GPZ on a lonely road in Wyoming. A very, very long time ago.
    Now that's fast! I had two GPZ 550s and they had very noodly forks. Can you say "speed wobbles!"
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I pegged out my 75 Firebird at 155 and a motorcycle at 180, both on the street.

I have taken my work vehicle up to 134 several times at work, but for good causes.

I have never been to a track, but would love to take my friends motorcycle to one and see if I can get past 200. He says it does, but I want to try...

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

120+ on Ninja 650R. Foolish in hindsight, necessary at the time.

Hey guys,
    myself steve.i have two cars.audi and Mercedes xclass.my fastest is ever 110 kmpl in audi
    and in mercedes 100+ in both time i am in emergency for meeting.etc thanks for asking
    good questions.

Thanks.
    linker r4

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Now that's fast! I had two GPZ 550s and they had very noodly forks. Can you say "speed wobbles!"
    That's why the forks have to be modified! Plus, I was outrunning a very pesky thunderstorm where I could see lightning hitting the ground. I was the tallest thing around.

At 25 years old: lots of money and few brains!
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Thread Information