PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Which is the best wood finish to preserve an original wood color?

Which is the best wood finish to preserve an original wood color?

Re: Which is the best wood finish to preserve an original wood color?

Varathane makes a water based, clear coating in matte, semi-gloss and gloss that really lasts and holds the colour for many years without fading. They have an interior and exterior product. It is a coating type product, meaning it forms a coating over the wood, as opposed to a penetrating product.
    I have also used a product call Antique oil, which is a penetrating type, that doesn't turn yellow with time, I recently saw a coffee table I refinished over 15 years ago that looks very much like the day it was finished. Interior only. Very nice finish, doesn't change the colour of the wood but only accents the grain in a beautiful way. Easy to use as well.

The "natural" color of wood is bark - once you cut a tree open to expose the heartwood, then the color is going to change. Some species change more/faster than others. It can be exposure to light, exposure to oxygen, or the chemicals in finish that does the trick. Both pink ivory and bloodwood have very fugitive color, and it may not be possible to keep them looking like they do shortly after finish application. If you will need to choose paint for your furniture I recommend to see here, cool review!

I just moved to my new home. I chose my furniture and appliances for a long time. I was afraid to break my things. I am a very sloppy person. Therefore, I turned to the services of a handyman. Furniture assembly https://www.handykith.com/furniture-assembly-nyc is not a problem for me. I recommend this service to everyone. By the way, this service advises its customers.

Thread Information