• 01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
    keriblakn
    What are you doing for Valentine's Day?
    Valentine's Day is Feb. 14, just few days away. Almost everyone has a great Valentine's Day story or two (be it a "best ever" or a "worst ever" - feel free to share either way), and some people start planning for it months in advance. And then of course, there are those who think of Valentine's as just another Hallmark Holiday, used to separate their money from their wallets... Question: What are your plans for Valentine's Day this year?
  • 01-31-2010, 11:01 PM
    Franglais
    Re: What are you doing for Valentine's Day?
    It's also Chinese New Year. I shall be down at the Porte de Choisy. My theme this year will be - beautiful Chinese girls.
  • 02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
    Shebang
    Celebrating my son's Feb. 15 birthday with family while my valentine takes care of my dad so I can go. What a man - all three of them!
  • 02-10-2010, 12:55 AM
    Nicci
    The Boy works so I will be home, writing some essays for my classes and keeping warm with coffee and dooley's.
  • 02-10-2010, 01:02 AM
    BlueRob
    Valentines Day you say? Nop I'm doing nothing!....I'm saving money for a new Canon camera you see.
    Boy! I sounded cheap :lol:
  • 02-10-2010, 01:15 AM
    Nicci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRob
    Valentines Day you say? Nop I'm doing nothing!....I'm saving money for a new Canon camera you see.
    Boy! I sounded cheap :lol:

lol well, we aren't doing anything because he is saving for a new base and I am saving for a battery, battery grip, tripod, some filters and the 50mm 1.8 lens.

:D

priorities man!
  • 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM
    BlueRob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicci
    lol well, we aren't doing anything because he is saving for a new base and I am saving for a battery, battery grip, tripod, some filters and the 50mm 1.8 lens.

priorities man!

YES! that is exactly my point! :D
  • 02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
    Frog
    I h_ven't _sked my wife yet. I'll _sk her on S_turd_y.

Guess which letter isn't working on my keybo_d.
  • 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
    maddy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    I h_ven't _sked my wife yet. I'll _sk her on S_turd_y.

Guess which letter isn't working on my keybo_d.

:idea: a & you forget the r in keyboard. :thumbsup:
  • 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
    Frog
    Yup but I got them there a's back now. Woo-Hoo!
  • 02-10-2010, 05:03 PM
    mjs1973
    Whatever I want to do. My wife will be working most of the day so I'm free to do my own thing. She just bought a Wii and told me that if I said it's ok to get one, that we wouldn't have to do anything on VD. If she want's to do something after work though, I will.
  • 02-10-2010, 05:55 PM
    Skyman
    My wife has requested that we don't do anything other than sleep in. I am however giving her one dozen chocolate roses.
  • 02-12-2010, 12:35 AM
    mEasy27
    Ill be taking my Fiancee out of town. We will doing some site seeing, dinner, maybe a hottub or jacuzzi (sp) later that night...
  • 02-12-2010, 06:03 AM
    Jaedon
    I will be watching the Daytona 500 with my wife. She got me into racing so it's only fair that I spend time with her watching something we both love to watch. On Saturday however we are driving 2.5 hours north of here to pick up her present.

We just lost out 5year old Newfoundlander (dog) so since there has been appropriate grieving time we are picking up an 8 week old Tibetan Mastiff.
  • 02-12-2010, 06:11 AM
    Nicci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRob
    YES! that is exactly my point! :D

:)

Quote:

priorities man!

hmm,...helps if I spell Bass right.

sigh

I swear, Swedish is really messing up my English.
    :mad2:
  • 02-12-2010, 06:22 AM
    Iguanamom
    We're planning to do some hiking although we haven't decided where. Then back home for some fabulous meal he'll make...he makes them all, so this isn't really special. Maybe I'll crack a bottle of Arglyle sparkling Pinot.
  • 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM
    GB1
    Run a half marathon in the morning, and meet a friend for lunch. Gearing up for the photo show next weekend..
  • 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM
    Franglais
    Quote:

:)

I swear, Swedish is really messing up my English.

How long have you been living in Sweden?

I discovered after four years in France that when I tried to speak English sometimes I was speaking my favourite French phrases translated into English. And my body language was French, I was waving my arms and getting close to people in a very un-English way. After 30 years I've learnt to pay attention and sit on my hands when at table, that sort of thing..

BTW that's what Franglais is (pronounced "Fran-glay"). It's when you speak French with a load of English-American terms all mixed in.
  • 02-13-2010, 02:34 PM
    Nicci
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Franglais
    How long have you been living in Sweden?

I discovered after four years in France that when I tried to speak English sometimes I was speaking my favourite French phrases translated into English. And my body language was French, I was waving my arms and getting close to people in a very un-English way. After 30 years I've learnt to pay attention and sit on my hands when at table, that sort of thing..

BTW that's what Franglais is (pronounced "Fran-glay"). It's when you speak French with a load of English-American terms all mixed in.

5 (long) years here in the north. I went home 2 years ago and drove up to my friends house. When I got out and she saw me she said "OH MY! You went all European on me!!!" Apparently my clothing style and mannerisms have changed.

I find that my English has become Swedish English. I say things like "eat medicine" and I use "exist" more than "be". When I start saying "yello" for "jello", "yentl" for "gentle" and "sheep" for "cheap" I will move back!!! I said to my mother the other day "yeah, we killed two flies with one swat." She understood but her look was priceless. Oh and I don't know if you have the Glocalnet commercials over/down there (if not this will not make sense) but I said to my friend "ooh that is lower than Glocalnet!!" She just blinked and switched the subject. lol

aaah I kind of guessed that Franglais was the equivalent of Swenglish (Swedish-English) or Svengelska (Svenska-Engelska)
    ;)

Gotta love it when your whole self changes due to living abroad.
  • 01-25-2012, 05:16 AM
    Henrietta
    Valentine's Day is a special occasion for my bf and me as we have met on the 14th of February.
    This year we are going to Paris. I think it’ll be an amazing trip. I've bought us a Naughty Weekender Kit...I think this intimate collection will be one of the best Valentines gifts for him and me.

Have a look at GettingPersonal.co.uk if you need Valentines gift ideas. It's my favourite site!
  • 02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
    megtyler
    i'll be working... and i am thankful
  • 02-02-2012, 07:01 AM
    megtyler
    i'd be working and thank god i am
  • 02-06-2012, 02:46 AM
    BarrieB
    im planning to take my girl out on a movie and dinner date.. then cuddle all night.. ;)
  • 02-06-2012, 04:07 AM
    RoguePix
    Nothing.. I just broke up with my girlfriend...