PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

Finally got a mountain bike again

After more than a year of not having one I picked up a mountain bike Friday night. Its an '04 Specialized Hardrock with lots of upgrades. The only thing that is the same as a new Hardrock is the frame, everything else the previous owner upgraded. It now has Avid mech. disc brakes front and rear, RaceFace forged cranks with RaceFace bottom bracket, Cane Creek headset, Marzocchi front fork with 100mm of travel, brand new Thomson seatpost, and new Ringle` stem. I'm going to be changing the pedals and seat and it needs new tires but other than that its ready to ride. I got it for $175, sort of I traded my road bike for it and I only paid $175 for the road bike. If anyone wants the seat or pedals let me know, the seat is a WTB Speed-V and the pedals are K2 but I don't know what model.

Nice!

That's a good-looking bike! And it's built to handle anything - an excellent all purpose steed. I would keep the seat, unless you want a better WTB saddle. I've been running WTB saddles for years and they're great. They're comfortable and durable. I have two that need to be replaced now, but only because of all the rain rides I do. Getting mud all over the seat eventually ruins the leather and the stitching.

Maybe you need to come down here and do a ride! I just came back from about 3 hours of Super Bowl Sunday trail flow
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Finally got a mountain bike again

Nice ride, those are great frames can handle just about anything looks like yours is set up to do just about everything too. Glad you finally got a bike again. I know that feeling of not being able to ride for too long. I don't have a bike here at school and the first weekend I made it home this fall and out on the trials the feeling to be able to get out and rip dirt again is amazing. I might be interested in that seat you have unless you want to keep it like Photo John suggests, they are real nice ones.

Phil

My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

Re: Finally got a mountain bike again

I know WTB makes good seats I just am not comfortable on this one. I prefer a smooth saddle not the split ones like on this bike. Colorado cyclist had some nice seats I liked so I'll probably get one from them.

Lightbulb Re: Finally got a mountain bike again

Riding bike was my biggest passion. I can't explain how much time I've spent pedaling forward, wearing glasses! After switching to New York with my newly married wife, I quit cycling because I became very busy earning wages and starting a whole new family. In the meantime, we were blessed with a baby boy who's 3 now. In the February this year, when the Covid-19 pandemic has spread, me with my family has locked down. I can't explain how boring the time was! After everything being normal, I wanted to get back to my passion for some fresh oxygen. But the difference is- this time I wanted to include my boy to my ride. You may wonder how can a toddler ride a bike? Right?

Well, I've purchased one of the iconic models of child bike seat that I've found online.
    Gabriel Jones

Thread Information