PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Today is Super Tuesday!

If you're in the US and in any of these states, then exercise your constitutional right and vote today!!

Yes, primary elections do matter (regardless of some of the lame excuses I've heard). I don't care who you vote for as long as you have done the research to see who you think is the best choice of all listed on the ballot.

Re: Today is Super Tuesday!

Agreed, everyone get out and vote today, even if it's for the lesser of evils in your mind - you still have your say.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

I voted!

Though he pulled out, Edwards was still on the ballot in NYC, so he still got my vote. Throwaway vote? Possibly. But I voted my conscience.

It was cool, when I showed up, someone was having problems with his registration, and the people there were helping him and offering a paper ballot. When it works, it works!
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    If you're in the US and in any of these states, then exercise your constitutional right and vote today!!

Yes, primary elections do matter (regardless of some of the lame excuses I've heard). I don't care who you vote for as long as you have done the research to see who you think is the best choice of all listed on the ballot.
    If you are a registered independent as I am, you can't vote in the primaries with few exceptions. But that makes sense, it's the decision of each party and their members.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

I was the first to vote yesterday in my precinct!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli2
    If you are a registered independent as I am, you can't vote in the primaries with few exceptions. But that makes sense, it's the decision of each party and their members.
    Hmm - I'm an independent too, and only have to declare a party to get whichever ballot I choose. Could it be a state ruling or law?

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Hmm - I'm an independent too, and only have to declare a party to get whichever ballot I choose. Could it be a state ruling or law?
    It varies by state.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Indeed, it varies according to state. Here in AL, we have open primaries, so I cross-over voted. I didn't like the candidates for my party, but I wanted to vote against one in the other.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

I'm pretty excited that the Democratic side of things is still up in the air. In my voting lifetime, the nominations are already decided by the time the primaries come to Texas. And for the general election, it's so certain that a Republican will win that no one even bothers to compaign here. Because it's so close this year, we might actually get to participate.

Paul

Thread Information