PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Great start to the day

So I get in my car this morning, to go to my appointment, and I can't back out of the driveway. The car literally won't go in reverse. So I go forward, into the yard, around the trees and swingset, back out to driveway, onto the road.

Fortunately, my appointment was at the car fix it place, to have my brakes checked. Another plus, it's only 40 degrees, decent weather for walking. Usually, when I take the car in, I walk over to the coffee shop to wait with a book. This time, I figured it was going to be a while, so I brought my laptop as well. Might as well get some work done.

I've decided to approach this new glich to my piece of crap 2001 that we bought brand new car with a positive attitude.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: Great start to the day

OMG --- what a start---goood job being a problem solver...I have to say that was quite a visual....lol ---- hope the rest of the day brings less adventure
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    The car literally won't go in reverse. So I go forward, into the yard, around the trees and swingset, back out to driveway, onto the road...
    Adina, I am going to resist with all of my being calling you a WOMAN DRIVER. Er, all evidence to the contrary...

By any chance, is this the car you plan to drive to Chicago???
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    By any chance, is this the car you plan to drive to Chicago???

Heck yeah! Fortunately, I have 4 wheel drive, so none of this is an issue.

Heck yeah! Fortunately, I have 4 wheel drive, so none of this is an issue.
    Well, I'm no mechanic, but seems to me you could have 16-wheeler drive, and if you can't put it in reverse, you might have a problem...

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

The car place just called. $1500 and I'll be able to back up. I'm wondering if I just can't drive in circles for a while.....

Steve, I don't need to be able to back up. Since I have 4 wheel drive, I can just go over things! Don't you watch the commercials?

Truckasaurus???

Steve, I don't need to be able to back up. Since I have 4 wheel drive, I can just go over things! Don't you watch the commercials?
    Ok, you pull into an underground parking garage parking space. Cinderblock walls. How you gettin' out? :idea:

-Steve

www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Truckasaurus???

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Ok, you pull into an underground parking garage parking space. Cinderblock walls. How you gettin' out? :idea:

I pull in sideways, across three spaces. Besides, they don't have underground parking garages by my house. I think I need to drive 30 miles to get to one.

ps...the guy said if I don't get it fixed, it will fall off, and then the car won't go at all. So I guess that means I'll be getting it fixed. Then I'm just going to drive in reverse everywhere I go, make sure I get my money's worth.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I tore the transmition out of my parents car when I was in high school. All the forward gears were gone, and I was left with reverse to get home. That was an interesting drive across town. I only made it a block or two before I lost reverse...
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

So I get in my car this morning, to go to my appointment, and I can't back out of the driveway. The car literally won't go in reverse. So I go forward, into the yard, around the trees and swingset, back out to driveway, onto the road.

Fortunately, my appointment was at the car fix it place, to have my brakes checked. Another plus, it's only 40 degrees, decent weather for walking. Usually, when I take the car in, I walk over to the coffee shop to wait with a book. This time, I figured it was going to be a while, so I brought my laptop as well. Might as well get some work done.

I've decided to approach this new glich to my piece of crap 2001 that we bought brand new car with a positive attitude.
    May I ask what car brand? A 2001 shouldn't be having problems like this.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Isuzu Rodeo. In June we put a new engine in. $4000. Something snapped, oil all over the driveway, and the engine seized up. Thought about trading in right after we replace the engine, but this summer was so crazy there was no time at all. And right now, it's easier to pay to have it fixed then to add a car payment.

We are going to dig out all the paper work to find out just how much we've spent on it since we bought it.

Thread Information