PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Waiter...The Bill Please!

Or the 107,000 Euro Lunch Bill

Crises? What Crisis? My girlfriend's father sent us this photo circulating on the net from the Nikki Beach Restaurant in Saint Tropez, France that was obviously photographed with a cell phone and shared on the internet. What is even more amazing is that it is a lunch bill.

I would love to know what diner cost them? Or to put things in another perspective, what can you buy for around 107,000 Euros? You can purchase around 10 Volkswagon Polo or 15 Renaut Twingo automobiles or around 90 Macbook Pro computers or over 150 iPhone 4s's or a cute little studio apartment just outside of Paris or a nice medium sized house in the French country side or a nice little sailing yacht or a high end BMW, Mercedes, Citroen or another high end vehicle.

Let's put it in another perspective. It costs around 1.90 South African Rand to feed one child per day. That is the equivalent of around 25 cents USD per day. The above restaurant bill could feed 428,000 children for one day or 1163 children for one year!

None the less, wealth is really relative isn't it? To some, this is just a drop in the bucket and to others this represents their life earnings or ten lives for many. But come to think of it, lunch was quite the bargain, considering it was for 16 people. That only works out to 6720,25 € each! I guess it is guests like these that keep the luxury business thriving in the South of France and elsewhere. C'est la Vie!

Waiter-May I Have the Bill Please | Benjamin Kanarek Blog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Waiter...The Bill Please!-note-resto-de-olive-st-trop.jpeg  

Re: Waiter...The Bill Please!

Just think how much longer a nice bag of lenses would last.....

Wow.......

And did you notice that a coke and diet coke were 10 euros each or $12.25 usd. I could get 8 large cokes at McD's for that. not that I need 8 large cokes. I guess you pay for the atmosphere.

Most of the bill is for drink. 90000 Euros for a Methusalem and two Jereboams of Dom Perignon champagne...
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I could make some political statements but......
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information