Update on my house...

Printable View

• 08-15-2006, 07:10 AM
    adina
    Update on my house...
    While we having been living in a state of construction for the past year, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Dishwasher and garbage disposal get delivered today. They will have to sit in the living room, because the new cabinets will be delivered towards the end of next week. After the cabinets are installed, the counter people have to come out and measure with a laser, because we are going with quartz counters. We still need to pick out a sink, but we've got it narrowed down. The floor guys will be in to refinish the upstairs bedrooms, kitchen and dining room as soon as the cabinets are installed. The roof will be replaced the end of next week, and the windows and siding (and patio door) will be installed in 6-8 weeks.

After this is finished, we will be doing nothing to the house for a few years, long enough to recover from this.

Photos to come....
  • 08-15-2006, 07:51 AM
    walterick
    Re: Update on my house...
    Gracious! That's a lot more work than I realized you guys were doing! New roof?! Couldn't get all the leaks worked out, huh?

I'll have an update soon, too. Tile is done in 50% of the house :)

Rick
  • 08-16-2006, 06:38 AM
    adina
    Re: Update on my house...
    yup, originally was just the kitchen, but then the roof started leaking, so we called that guy. He said because we have dormers they'll need to pop that siding off to do the flashing. Do we want him to put the old siding back on, or go a different route. So we thought we'd do just those two windows an little bit of siding, but then figured what the heck, do it all, get it over with.