PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

How do I hang an exterior door in an existing frame?

How do I hang an exterior door in an existing frame?

Re: How do I hang an exterior door in an existing frame?

I'm interested too.

I’m not the fastest guy at doing this. But the last time I took this on I shin placed the door in the frame and pencil transferred the hinge points, deadbolt hole, and handle hole to the door. Then after removing the door I carefully chiseled out thehinge locations, and with my door coring kit I drilled out the holes for the handle and deadbolt and installed it.
    The door hinges should line up exactly but you might be abit off there, so be prepared to fill old holes with matches and glue, and drill out some new holes and recess fit the hinges in. It’s not fun.
    It’s way better to yank the frame and install a new prehung door set. But cost what it is.

Cool Re: How do I hang an exterior door in an existing frame?

Well, personally I think that there is nothing like to get help of experts or some professionals in order to make the right choice. You see, when choosing doors at my new apartment I was helped by a team of experts and as a result bought the best exterior doors Oakville https://oakvillewindowsanddoors.ca/e...oors-oakville/. All the best

When I was making repairs at home, it was very difficult for me to choose high-quality glue. As my house is mostly made of wood, I was looking for glue to work with wood. I found here https://gluefaq.com/best-glue-for-hardwood-floors/ best glue for hardwood. It is very likely that you will need glue for this work too. I used glue to repair DriTac Professtional wooden floors. But it is also perfect for general repairs. It is waterproof, easy to apply and ideal for filling gaps.

You must check the frame is plumb, check the head is level. You can make adjustments to the door based on your observations.
    Or you want to check roofing arlington ma for roofing services.

Thread Information