Team Building in May!

Printable View

• 04-22-2015, 08:56 PM
    warmchirping
    Team Building in May!
    I'm organizing a team building for my employees. The main focus is communication and there'll be about 20 people coming. We'll be staying in a resort for 2 days and 3 nights. I need help thinking about good outdoor and indoor activities / games. Any ideas? I don't want to bore them and would really like them to have fun.
    :confused:
  • 04-23-2015, 12:28 AM
    laidworry
    Re: Team Building in May!
    Since you've mentioned that communication is the focus of your team building be sure that when coming up with a game or activity, relate it with the communication struggles your employees are experiencing in their daily routines. Make sure that the exercises are not too physically demanding. Ensure that everyone can participate, learn and have fun.
  • 04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
    Liz
    First let me say that just the fact you are doing this says a lot of about you - as a person and a leader (boss!).

It would be good if one activity would involve sharing their personal experiences in life so you could all get to really know/understand each other. You have to make it fun - and not serious. It could be as simple as each one sharing an experience in their life: for example - "what is one of the funniest things that happened to you?" "What is one of your most negative experiences that became something positive?" What do you do to relax when you're stressed?" "What do you do for fun?" "What is your favorite movie/book/game and why?" You have to make it a fun thing! My mind is a bit blank right now, but you can probably think up some great funny questions to ask.

Focus on the lighter side of life. There aren't too many "light" news items these days - and laughter is the best medicine - and the greatest catalyst to make good relationships.

Another idea that seems to really work is to set apart a few hours some morning or afternoon and tell them to use it to get together with one or two others that they normally don't spend time with - and go for a walk together. Tell them to make sure no one is left out.

Another thought would be to choose an interesting topic they would all be interested in and give them a "short" talk. After your talk, break up into small "share groups" to discuss what each one heard. Then come back together later in the day or after the groups finish - and one person share about what their group discussed.

Hope this helps a bit.

Liz
  • 04-24-2015, 07:55 AM
    warmchirping
    Thanks for your replies. I'll make sure to keep what you guys said in mind. :)
    I was looking online and found this one has some games about hr training and development. Do you think games like these will bore them? I think they're pretty cool but maybe that's just me.

-Edit-

I'm also planning on a cookout. Maybe a meal where we'll all have to help. I can contact the resort to buy the ingredients for us but we'll do the cooking. What do you think?
  • 04-30-2015, 01:35 AM
    laidworry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by warmchirping View Post
    Thanks for your replies. I'll make sure to keep what you guys said in mind. :)
    I was looking online and found this one has some games about hr training and development. Do you think games like these will bore them? I think they're pretty cool but maybe that's just me.
    ?

Any tool that will assist you with your team building activity is good. Good luck and may you have a successful and fruitful team building :)
  • 05-01-2015, 03:17 AM
    jontyrodhas
    I am also want a Member of this Team