PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Should Paris Hilton go to jail?

Oh good lord YESYESYES!!!!

Her blatant disregard for the law, showing up late for court.....

I'm personally sick and tired of drunk drivers. Disgusted to my core. It's gotta stop and she needs to go to jail like everyone else who has done what she has.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

yesssss she's there! finally, the law decided to crack down on the rich and the famous!

Hi All..

I wasn't going to comment, BUT..... I am like most people, if you violate the law, then you go to jail. Most of the people I hang around with have never been arrested so I don't think it is all that hard not to. BUT if you do, you learn your lesson and don't break the law again (usually because you ended up in jail for some time to begin with). So if I could go to jail, then she should too.. Just like you and me.

NOW FOR MY RANT.....

Drunk drivers disgust me. Unfortunatly I deal with them every day in my work life. It is NOT a VICTIMLESS crime. Not when you have held more than one person who died in your arms at the hands of a drunk driver. Not when you have desperately tried to free children who were trapped in a burning car and could do nothing but watch them die and hear the screams ALL BECAUSE OF A DRUNK DRIVER. Watching the most talented 10 year old in the world die in front of me has changed me. He was killed not by a drunk, but by a 23 year old who was driving recklessly and did not think the law applied to her (Paris Hilton like).

People who disregard the law NEED to go to jail for a reality check, if not to save themselves, to save other innocent people.

Rant over..

Break the law, go to jail.....And if she did show up at my door step, I would NOT go out with her....

I like MASDOGS response and without a doubt she should be locked up, for at least 1 1/2 years.... NOT 45 days.... the prosecutor should be fired for such a light sentence.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

JS,

1 1/2 years?? I would like that but if you did not hear the news (I have to listen to my wife's junk programs), she may only serve 20 - 25 days if she has "good behavior".. How sad....

I think that she should serve ALL the time she COULD have gotten in all of her cases where she was given probation. You are given probation with the stipulation that IF you break the law, you get the maximum sentance for the crime you are on probation for, so...Let her stay for the whole time for all 3 cases......

Probably only get 5 days anyways...In a single person room, not even a cell. The administration will probably give her special treatment anyways.. They should put her in the system like everyone else and let her have a bunkie named "Slash" or Big Bertha or something similar....

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

She should have to serve her time just like anyone else. If this were to happen to anyone else they would have to serve their time and pay the fines. She is only human just like everyone else. If she gets pardoned it's really going to annoy me. It's going to be interesting to see if they keep her isolated as a lot of women in jail probably want to take a crack at her I don't wish her any harm but I strongly believe that she needs to be a little more responsible.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLC2
    She should have to serve her time just like anyone else. If this were to happen to anyone else they would have to serve their time and pay the fines. She is only human just like everyone else. If she gets pardoned it's really going to annoy me. It's going to be interesting to see if they keep her isolated as a lot of women in jail probably want to take a crack at her I don't wish her any harm but I strongly believe that she needs to be a little more responsible.

Dave
    Remember, this is Hollywood. Anything goes in Hollywood. They don't live by the same set of rules as the rest of us.

I'd give her two options, leave the country, and never return, or prision.

Either way, yes.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by swmdrayfan
    Remember, this is Hollywood. Anything goes in Hollywood. They don't live by the same set of rules as the rest of us.

Aint that the truth. She sure isn't getting any sympathy from the judge :thumbsup:

Dave

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I was going to ask "who is Paris Hilton" ?
    But it's been on the BBC news too.

Yep, bang her up.
    I mean, lock her up.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information