PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

McCain messes up big time.

As if 'You know that old Beach Boy's song, Bomb Iran? Hehehe, bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran, *awkward chuckle*" wasn't bad enough. With a straight face, today, John McCain chastised congress for denying the bailout, and, without so much as cracking a smile to indicate a joking nature, he states

"This is just a not acceptable situation. I’m not saying this is the perfect answer. If I were dictator, which I always aspire to be, I would write it a little bit differently."

Does that not scare you? How can he say such a thing?? Why does he think that the American people WANT an aspiring dictator in office? We've already had 8 years of that, and its not very popular at all, and his statements weren't even as overt and obvious as McCains.

Also quite interesting how he criticizes congress as an incredibly 'unpopular' one, then ignores the even more problematic unpopular presidency. 'Dont point the finger of blame', is this guy for real? I could have sworn I heard "I blame them, but lets not be blaming people".

I am sorry but he has crossed the line with me.

What possible defense does the McCain camp have for this one?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: McCain messes up big time.

This statement made me laugh when I first read it.

Senator Obama and his allies in Congress infused unnecessary partisanship into the process. Now is not the time to fix the blame. It’s time to fix the problem.”

Nothing like blaming someone for something, and in the very next sentence say that it's not the time to "fix the blame."
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Love the irony. They all scare me, really! Maybe I'm just a scaredy cat!

Frieal, I think you're smart to be scared. With the candidates that we have to choose from, our whole country could be in deep doo doo, even worse than it already is.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by mn shutterbug
    With the candidates that we have to choose from, our whole country could be in deep doo doo,
    More than that; the whole world.

Gee Grampy, I think the word you were searching for there was DIPLOMAT :shocked:

Loved the answer about whether he ever had to buy healthcare insurance too

Yes, they all scare me too. Sometimes I don't know what scares me more, McCains blatant and totally overt comments, or Obamas more well disguised rhetoric...

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Well haven't we all wished we were dictator of the world at sometime.
    I keep telling people I'm the king of the world but my subjects are disloyal.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Frog
    I keep telling people I'm the king of the world but my subjects are disloyal.

They don't scare me personally. I guess it's not really fear, but more of an eerie feeling I get when with everything that is happening....rigged elections, going to war w/o congress approval, cohorting w/ our 'enemies' before they were our enemies, patriot act, eminent domain, 9/11, the economy....all this, and yet, on some weird level, I feel everything is going according to 'plan'.

What plan? I dunno! I'm just babbeling. "Babble, babble"! Pay no mind to me. Ever read what's inscribed on the Georgia Guidestones? Interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by frleal70
    and yet, on some weird level, I feel everything is going according to 'plan'.
    Yep, over here at "Anarchists for George Bush" we couldn't be happier, really.

That was a joke people- no flaming please.......

The statement doesn't bother me so much taken in the context it was given. One of the things that I find refreshing about Obama's campaign is that he/they tend not to resort to the 'dirty politics' that you so often see. I think they made a great effort to make the campaign about the issues, rather than the miscues.

What DOES bother me about statements like this is the thought of seeing them repeated on the stage of international politics. Imagine the fallout from making a statement like that while having a discussion with the president of Iraq, for example.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

WOW - There is ACTUALLY a Professional Photography forum with intelligent people!:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forums Marci.

Claiming that he has aspirations to be a 'dictator' is a 'miscue'??

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Welcome Marci. Don't want to spoil your dream but sume of us ain't so smarrt.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

thank you "Anbesol" (like what you put on a toothache?)
    amd Frog.

Interesting names you guys have.

Sorry, I've been out for a few days as the computer need to get a checkup.

Indeed Marci, welcome to the forums. If you think they sound smart now, just wait till you have a camera-related problem. MIT should have as good a thinktank.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

yes while off-topic intelligence can be disputed, photography related expertise is absolutely top-notch in these forums.

Thread Information