Question about Paypal

Printable View

• 07-12-2009, 05:37 AM
    Liz
    Question about Paypal
    I've used Paypal for about a year now - for about 8-10 transactions. I was never charged for the money I received on a transaction. I did have to pay a small fee for an overseas transaction last year. However, now I'm getting charged for each transaction. I can't find the information on their website. Before I call them tomorrow, I thought maybe someone here might know the answer. If it is their policy, why wouldn't they have always charged me?

This is not a complaint, just trying to get some information and clarification - or a link to their website where it explains it.

Thanks.
    Liz
  • 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM
    Frog
    Re: Question about Paypal
  • 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM
    mjs1973
    I have only ever used PP to send money, so I have never been charged a fee. It has always been my understanding that the person who is receiving money via PP is charged a fee. According to the user agreement on the PP site, the standard fee is 2.9%. Here is the link.
  • 07-12-2009, 08:04 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I have only ever used PP to send money, so I have never been charged a fee. It has always been my understanding that the person who is receiving money via PP is charged a fee. According to the user agreement on the PP site, the standard fee is 2.9%. Here is the link.

Mike - thanks. This is what I understood at the beginning when I first signed up over a year ago. However, when they never charged me for any transactions (most of which were me selling things), I thought maybe I didn't spend enough or something to be charged. At any rate, I'm not complaining, just surprised this is the first time I ever had a charge show up - other than an overseas transaction.

Maybe it was a glitch in the system. Whatever it was - I'll be grateful for what I got for nothing when I got it!

Thanks.....

Liz