PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michael jackson Dead

according to reports

Michael Jackson has died in hospital after suffering a suspected heart attack, website TMZ has reported.

The ambulance suspected to be Jackson's outside in Los Angeles - Picture TMZ

Jackson, 50, suffered a heart attack just after 12.00pm local time (19.00pm GMT) and paramedics were unable to revive him, TMZ.com said.

When paramedics arrived at his house he was not breathing, LA fire department captain Steve Ruda told the LA Times newspaper.

Jackson was given CPR by fire department paramedics as he was taken to UCLA Medical Center, the LA Times said.

Jackson's manager was not immediately available for comment.

Officials at UCLA Medical Center where Jackson was treated could also not be reached for comment.

The 911 call came in at 8.21pm from his Holmbly Hills home in LA, according to the TMZ.

More follows...
    To me, The goal is to move people, to make people think, but never, never at the expense of the person you're photographing. To laugh with, yes - but never to laugh at. - Lord Snowdon

Martyn
    Olympus E30 HLD 4, E520, E300 & HLD 3
    Olympus OM10 Zuiko OM 28mm 2.8 OM 50mm 1.8 & 70-200mm
    ZD 14-45mm 14-42mm 14-54mm 40-150mm 70-300mm 50-200mm 2.8 / 3.5
    ZD 35mm Macro EX - 25
    Sigma 50-500mm To be Obtained
    Olympus FL36R
    Metz Flash 28AF-30

www.cannoncannonphotography.webs.com

Re: Michael jackson Dead

Its a very sad day........
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

At least we can let our children out of the house now...

(not that I wish ANYONE dead, of course!)
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I was wondering which view of him would prevail
    Musician, Dancer
    Wacko Jacko
    Alledged child molester
    Seems we have two of the three.

Which is the one that will be remembered in years to come, will the weirdness and allegations be a footnote, and he'll be remembered for his music?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I'm not a big Jackson fan. His music was ok but not what moves me inside. He was a great showman but he ended up too weird for me and maybe it was his upbringing and/or drugs but doesn't mean I have to like or approve of it.
    The thing that really bugs me is that for three days now, I can't find any news of importance such as what's the situation in Iran now. Quick bits and then its back to a lot of speculation about his death and childhood, etc. etc.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Personally I think he started off great and ended up a freak. But even with that, I dont think he harmed any children (besides the baby dangling thing) .
    Him living in the U.S + looking and acting weird + being a Jackson + being super rich, isn't there a possibility, that maybe, the children are lying and are being put up by the parents? I mean its here in the USA for crying out loud, the land where suing is the common game played.

Besides why did the parents let there child go hang out with him. My god thats a scary thought to send your child to a stranger like that. I rest my case...

"There Must Be More To Life Than This"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWINBTf5BGo

RIP Michael Jackson
    Last edited by LightBright; 06-27-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    -
    Please do not take my photo's. Thank you
    www.SammySoliman.Smugmug.com

Even though he was a 'freak', I still respected his talent. I felt sort of bad for him after watching his interviews, he is definitely an unusual guy and raises a brow, but I thought he seemed very sincere and genuine. I do think all of those charges were trumped up for some money hungry family.

Nonetheless, as far as music goes its rare to find such a talent, and probably impossible to find someone as diversely talented as Jackson. Rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    I was wondering which view of him would prevail
    Musician, Dancer
    Wacko Jacko
    Those are the two I associate with him. I thought he was talented, but definitely odd in his later years with all the surgery and eccentricity. I realize that yes it's possible he actually was guilty of the molestation stuff, but he was never found guilty and I thought I remembered reading one of the accusers stated they were put up to it or something to that effect. My personal thoughts are his eccentricity made him a huge target for those accusations. I'm going to guess he settled out of court on that first case because he wanted to make it go away quickly. It probably would have been better if he'd taken it to trial if he was truly innocent. I think the payoff left him open to the future allegations.

GB1

The guy definitely had issues, as does his sisters (and reportedly his dad). I strongly suspect the child molestation charges were true. Of course, there was no physical proof, so we may never really know.

It seems from the media reports in the days since his death that they're choosing to focus on his achievements and positive side, rather than the negatives.

Given that, the bigger question might be (as it's a mystery to me) is how the media decides whom to hate, and whom to love in their coverage? Do the first reporters who cover it just wake up on the right side of the bed that morning and the rest follow with herd mentality? Or is there actually some scientific methodology behind all this?
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Given that, the bigger question might be (as it's a mystery to me) is how the media decides whom to hate, and whom to love in their coverage? Do the first reporters who cover it just wake up on the right side of the bed that morning and the rest follow with herd mentality? Or is there actually some scientific methodology behind all this?
    In general, the media tends to talk nice about anyone who just died. It'd seem insensitive or improper in most cases with most public figures.

The few exceptions are the ones that are almost universally despised. People rarely talk nice about serial killers once they're dead, for an extreme example.

I wonder what's going to to happen when O.J. Simpson dies....

All I can think is, "God, why couldn't you have taken P. Diddy instead?" (speaking of freaks)

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    I wonder what's going to to happen when O.J. Simpson dies....
    Hopefully multitudes pissing on his grave.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Jackson at 5 ft. 10 inches weighed 112 pounds and had no food in his stomach and only a partly digested pill. He also had needle marks all over his body.
    Remember when Reagan honored him for his assistance in fighting drugs.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    Jackson at 5 ft. 10 inches weighed 112 pounds and had no food in his stomach and only a partly digested pill. He also had needle marks all over his body.
    Remember when Reagan honored him for his assistance in fighting drugs.
    Yes, but he was fighting drugs that weren't subscribed by doctors, even if those doctors weren't any better than a street corner pusher.

Quote Originally Posted by draymorton
    Hopefully multitudes pissing on his grave.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd be able to take it if the media decides to focus on his 'good' aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by CaraRose
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd be able to take it if the media decides to focus on his 'good' aspects.
    They'd have to be really good at making stuff up out of thin air.

Come to think of it...

They'd have to be really good at making stuff up out of thin air.

Come to think of it...
    This IS the media we're talking about here!

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

I hope everyone has the same AMOUNT OF RESPECT for you when you die..... Judge for yourself if you are the one I am speaking to.

He was a FATHER, BROTHER, SON and FRIEND people!

DANCE and SING on MJ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7mEQVWQgRA

BTW, I am a metal fan, but MJ was an awesome dancer, musician, HUMANITARIAN.......
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    I hope everyone has the same AMOUNT OF RESPECT for you when you die..... Judge for yourself if you are the one I am speaking to.

He was a FATHER, BROTHER, SON and FRIEND people!

DANCE and SING on MJ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7mEQVWQgRA

BTW, I am a metal fan, but MJ was an awesome dancer, musician, HUMANITARIAN.......
    I'm too young to have cared much for his music. I do have a vague recollection of the thriller video scaring the the hell out of me though.

I don't think anyone here's been overly disrespectful towards Michael (O.J. Simpson, another story...). I feel a lot of pity towards him. He was a terribly damaged individual. His plastic surgery obsession, anorexia, and drug addictions are all symptoms of that.

For other allegations, he was found innocent. It's not fair to hold a judgment on someone for something that couldn't be (or hasn't yet been) proven in a court of law.

..... although I reserve the right to revoke this belief when talking about certain ex-governors of my great state.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

He had a hard life for sure, which is sad...

Look at my avatar... love
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

GB1

I don't know Cara, I've read some pretty wicked things in the papers about people who've just died One thing I'm sure of though, MJ never meant any harm to anyone. He had a few issues and problems with the law of which we'll probably never know the truth, but otherwise he was great. Ultra-creative types are usually pretty out there, anyway
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Liz

Just my two cents. I've never been a Michael Jackson fan. Actually I never liked him or his music. And I've gotten tired of all the news coverage lately.

HOWEVER, having said all of that, last night I brought some paper work home and turned on Dateline. I almost turned it off when I realized it was another MJ special. However, I watched it and for me, it brought things into perspective. It was done in 2003 and Michael shared much of his life story. He seemed to like (and trust) the interviewer and he looked relaxed and sincere as he was sharing. He spent a few days with this man (sorry, forgot his name). When he spoke at length of the way his father treated the "Jackson Five" and all the abuse they (he) received as children, physical, mental and emotional, I can see now why he never really grew up.

Besides being beaten with a belt and much worse abuse for years on end, his father constantly made fun of his looks, and told him over and over how ugly he was - and what a terrible huge nose he had - and that he got his awful looks from his mother's side of the family. His father never let up because he wanted perfection out of Michael, both in his looks and his music.

At any rate, without boring anyone with detail, I just want to say that so many of Michael's strange ways can easily be traced back to his childhood. He felt trapped for many years, under the abusive and rigid control of his father. I know other people have had abusive fathers and difficult lives, but because of his incredible talent he was used and abused his whole life. I can now honestly say I feel a lot of compassion for him and understand his strange behavior somewhat.

RIP Michael Jackson.....

Liz

how many child stars go on to lead a normal healthy life?

everything else aside, he did amazing things for the music industry. and if you look at the current wave of young "singers/entertainers" you're not going to find many who will leave the imprint that he did. love him or hate him, he was a phenomenal entertainer.

as to the accusations...i watched that interview in 2003 when it was done. and remember thinking "what parent in thier right mind sends thier kids to stay at a grown man's house, unattended?". whether or not the accusations were true...i don't know. i do know that they guy was beyond wierd, of course he was. he's been in the spotlight since he was 5.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    No lack of respect from this end. He was a superior talent, the magnitude of which, judging by the current state of the music industry, we're not likely to see again. Probably ever. (GIve me a million Kanyes or Beyonces; they wouldn't add up to a finger on one of his famed white gloves.) I was honestly shocked and saddened by his death.

I never bought that he committed the atrocities for which he was accused. My guess is that it was about money, greed, sycophantism, and people needing to justify to themselves their mental picture of him as a freak. Human nature in full swing.

As for the rest of the oddities... the surgeries, the ranch, the epic, never-ending quest for childhood...the oxygen... and, really, any other generally weird and non-outwardly-threatening behavior in which he engaged: his business alone. I could never figure out why everyone else had to make it their own.

While I didn't exactly worship at the temple of Michael Jackson, I did like - even love - a lot of his music at various points in my life, as did virtually everyone I know. "Thriller" was less an album than a lifestyle accessory when I was a kid. But musically, it was serious business. And anyone who isn't able to at least acknowledge "Off The Wall" as an exemplar of hardcore dance-funk might want to have their ears dewaxed and their pulses checked.

But enough about Michael Jackson. How about Billy Mays? Never again will we be welcomed by his jolly, bearded countenance or hear about his latest "pahrful" product. A nice man, by all accounts, and what the hell would we do without Oxy-Clean?

But enough about Michael Jackson. How about Billy Mays? Never again will see his jolly, bearded countenance or hear about his latest "pahrful" product. A nice man, by all accounts, and what the hell would we do without Oxy-Clean?
    The real tell for how popular those products are/were are the number of copy cats there are. How many oxy-clean copies are out there? How many 'orange oil' cleaners are out there?

Really is a shame though. The infomercial world certainly took a shaking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information