The pope died

Printable View

• 04-23-2005, 09:13 AM
    Liz
    The Official Pope's Email address
    Here it is - the others have nothing to do with the Pope - sorry! ;)

E-mail Savvy: Benedictxvi@vatican.va

VATICAN CITY, APRIL 21, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Newly elected Pope Benedict XVI already has an e-mail address.

The address which was just announced by the Holy See's Internet office is benedictxvi@vatican.va. The address in Italian is benedettoxvi@vatican.va.

Benedict XVI is following in the footsteps of his predecessor John Paul II, who, thanks to a portable computer, on Nov. 22, 2001, promulgated online the postsynodal apostolic exhortation "Ecclesia in Oceania."

John Paul II also used e-mail to receive messages from the faithful worldwide.
    ZE05042107

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar_e
    Is this a kind of 'gimmick' or will he actually read them?

• 04-23-2005, 01:11 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Liz, that's a wonderful story...
    Liz,

As a Protestant (Methodist), I've been highly critical at times in my life of the wealth and opulence of the pinnacle of organized religion, especially the Vatican.

That being said, I was still saddened by John Paul's death. I felt he did a very good job of working towards world peace, promoting understanding and tolerance between religions and vastly different ethnic groups, and most importantly maintaining a spirituality that trancended Catholicism and was directed towards people of all faiths.

Politics aside, these were all reasons I had a great deal of repect for him...

That's an great story you told. I don't think I can even begin to undestand the impact it must have had on you.

Thanks for sharing...
  • 04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
    Liz
    Re: Liz, that's a wonderful story...
    Thank you Steve, for your nice comments - especially about Pope John Paul II.

Today I picked up a few magazines - Newsweek, Time and others published commemorative issues in honor of the Pope including awesome pictures that I never saw before. It was a joy reading so many tributes.

That's an great story you told. I don't think I can even begin to undestand the impact it must have had on you.

It did have quite an impact and that moment radically changed my life. His death brings it all back, and and once again my heart is filled with gratitude which gives me more courage to continue to do the work God has given me to do.

Thanks again for commenting. I appreciate it very much.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Liz,

As a Protestant (Methodist), I've been highly critical at times in my life of the wealth and opulence of the pinnacle of organized religion, especially the Vatican.

That being said, I was still saddened by John Paul's death. I felt he did a very good job of working towards world peace, promoting understanding and tolerance between religions and vastly different ethnic groups, and most importantly maintaining a spirituality that trancended Catholicism and was directed towards people of all faiths.

Politics aside, these were all reasons I had a great deal of repect for him...

Thanks for sharing...

• 04-24-2005, 06:52 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Hi Liz,

Nice to see the new Pope out and about in his Pope Mobile and not enclosed like Pope Joh-Paul II had to. I just hope nothing happens to the new Pope like it did with him, I never liked the Pope Mobile after it was enclosed it made it so impersonal in a way, but was necessary.

I can't for the life of me understand the fanitics that must kill the good people of the world, but there is always a higher purpose as you fully understand.

It was a good story you related Liz and I meant to post that to you but kept forgetting.
  • 04-25-2005, 05:44 AM
    Liz
    Thanks again, Peter.

I appreciate that you took the time to read it and for your nice comment.

Have a great week.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Hi Liz,

Nice to see the new Pope out and about in his Pope Mobile and not enclosed like Pope Joh-Paul II had to. I just hope nothing happens to the new Pope like it did with him, I never liked the Pope Mobile after it was enclosed it made it so impersonal in a way, but was necessary.

I can't for the life of me understand the fanitics that must kill the good people of the world, but there is always a higher purpose as you fully understand.

It was a good story you related Liz and I meant to post that to you but kept forgetting.