PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

PLEASE HELP Keep the Minardi name in F1

I saw this posting on another board. I sorta "leeched" it. Please help, and pass it on!

PLEASE HELP Keep the Minardi name in F1

Today ForzaMinardi.com has learned that Minardi's new owners, Red Bull, consider renaming the team. This would mean that 20 years of F1 history would be lost.

Whether you are a Minardi fan or not, you should sign this petition to keep Minardi in F1.

Minardi has fought against the odds for more than 20 years and has deserved its place in F1. Turning it into yet another racing acronym would make F1 lose yet another great character.

Code:
    http://www.forzaminardi.com/petition/petition.php
    Thank you!

Re: PLEASE HELP Keep the Minardi name in F1

F1 blew it, as far as I am concerned I hope F1 folds and goes away VERY quietly. I also hope they do not get back to Indy, even though the speedway announced that next years race is on, being held July 4th weekend.....Booooo!

I shoot the Indy 500 & Brickyard 400, but refuse to do the F1, never have, never will, and I love motorsports but the F1 situation is just sickening, and a true motorsports fan would not put up with Bernie or his clones.

JS

LOL, but what's your opinion of nascar? Every race is four hours of monotony. The passing is no more exciting than when I pass, or get passed on the freeway. The only thing to liven up this monotony up is the yellow flags. Which, for some reason unknow to me, mysteriously appear with ~10 laps to go. Oh yeah, there was some debris that's important that didn't matter earlier on....

What's even funnier is driving your car over someones elses front hood durring a caution draws a smaller penalty than throwing a helmet and saying the s#*t word. Intentionaly, and probably more importantly in motor sport, obviously and purposely driving into someone, is less dangerous and sets a better example than saying an explicative?

Nascar's cronies also treat there stars beyond belief too. The punishments are much less for one of their "stars." Just like only stars seem to be able to cause a yellow, get in the pit before the pit lanes close, and end up in the lead. Only nascar...

My god man, nascar is nothing more than the moror sport version of wwf! The should just make it more like rollerball (the original movie), then it may be truelly entertaining.

F1 has it's problems, but don't have a blind eye. Nascar did in the past when it came to tire safety and people died! Including fans... At least F1 the fastest man in the fastest car wins; no orchestration.

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    F1 blew it, as far as I am concerned I hope F1 folds and goes away VERY quietly. I also hope they do not get back to Indy, even though the speedway announced that next years race is on, being held July 4th weekend.....Booooo!

I shoot the Indy 500 & Brickyard 400, but refuse to do the F1, never have, never will, and I love motorsports but the F1 situation is just sickening, and a true motorsports fan would not put up with Bernie or his clones.

JS

Actually that is quite true about the faster mans in the fastest car wins. Remember a few years ago when Schumacker was let through to win the race as the team owner told the other Farrari driver to pull over slow and let Schumacker win.

I do hope they keep the Minardi name in there, but remember RED BULL has paid a lot of money to buy the car, name and everything else that goes with it so they do have the right to call it what ever they want.

And I do agree, atleast it is more exciting than just going around in circles.

I would just like maybe them to call it RED BULL MINARDI Yes the own the name. Maybe just for history or culture.

Something that the BERNIE COPS cannot control

But some of the names ... Red Bull Starters, Red Bull Kids, Red Bull Rookies... All sounds like a junior league on track with the big kids. Preception is everything.

I heard that Arrows might return in 2007 being purchased by a group from the USA.

I will shoot all types of racing. Not just for me. But for fans who may never get to a track, but want to visualize it.

I do NOT have to like personally what I shoot; as long as I know it will bring some pleasure to someone, I feel true to my art.

You cannot compare NASCAR to F1... two different birds, different crowds, different atmosphere.... etc.

Yes, I will shoot NASCAR, although they are pushing their luck as well. Their "saftey" bs is getting out of hand. To a point they may become like F1 and limit the media to 60 photographers for a race... thats one thing F1 blew here in the states, you want to build a fan base so keep the media and photographers limited to 60...BS! You won't get the coverage you want with 60 photogs.
    NASCAR meanwhile is going overboard with cutting out shooting locations for photographers. Turn 1 & 2 have few spots left to shoot from. Turn 4 lost 2 holes between May and August, and those left were moved to bad areas. Fortunately turn 3 hasn't been touched...yet. Once it is I won't go back.I got some great stuff in three this past August.

NASCAR has it's problems, Stewart sshould have been suspended numerous times. Bill France Sr. is probably turning in his grave watching what his family has done to the series. I'm still amazed no one has sued them for some of their business stunts. It may happen soon though. Sr would not have put up with Stewarts stupidity, he'd have been suspended for at least a year. Heck, I remember when Fireball Roberts got suspended bt Sr in the prime of his career. Unfortunately Fireball died shortly after his return in a firey crash.

JS

Thread Information