Night at the Museum

Printable View

• 01-17-2007, 10:40 AM
    adina
    Night at the Museum
    Took my 8 yr old this past weekend. We loved it! Just her and I, went out for coffee and bagels before hand (she had apple juice) and then onto the movie. So date night for us.

Loved the movie! If you're looking for a serious grown up movie, don't go, it wasn't that.

Owen Wilson was great, although I usually like him. Robin Williams was Theodore Roosevelt, and was great as well. Ben Stiller played the same frustrated guy he plays freequently, but the rest of the cast more than made up for that.

Anyone else seen it? We loved loved loved any scene with Jed, and the T-rex was a big hit as well.
  • 01-17-2007, 12:36 PM
    shutterman
    Re: Night at the Museum
    My 5 and 8 year old loved it too and although technically I am adult, I thought it was pretty good too! Robin Williams was great b/c he did not do an over the top sort of thing and the special effects were really good. My 5 year old keeps asking about Sacagawea and if she was real and if Rex was real, etc.

Although some of the lighting wasn't technically perfect, I did feel a strong emotional connection to the characters, so overall thumbs up!

BTW, did you ever see Zoolander. One of Owen Wilson's and Ben Stiller's best I think!

thanks,
    Wes
  • 01-22-2007, 08:10 AM
    julsoph
    We liked this movie a lot too. The dates with the kids are so fun, aren't they?
  • 01-22-2007, 08:59 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Just her and I, went out for coffee and bagels before hand...

Bagels in the midwest? I am impressed... :thumbsup:
  • 01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
    adina
    Well, just factory produced Panera bagels, but good for a light dinner anyway.
  • 01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Well, just factory produced Panera bagels, but good for a light dinner anyway.

Well, once you leave Brooklyn, all bagels are a compromise. I'm a Lender's man myself... :)
  • 01-22-2007, 04:32 PM
    JSPhoto
    the last time I saw Bagles they were all the road the next to my Uncles former home in Philly. They were on their way to a school and someone T-boned the truck knocking it over on it's side and dumping alot of them out on the gound. The owner of the company gave me enough to fill my Uncles freezer from those that stayed inside the truck...they were all bagged and undamaged. Funny, that was tyhe last time I ever stayed at their house when they went out of town.....:D
    But they didn't run out of bagles!

JS
  • 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
    drg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Well, once you leave Brooklyn, all bagels are a compromise. I'm a Lender's man myself... :)

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of Lender's bagels are baked in Illinois. There's a huge facility in Mattoon, Illinois that bakes Lender's.
  • 01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drg
    I hate to break it to you, but a lot of Lender's bagels are baked in Illinois...

Ah, precisely my point. I'm far from NYC, and so, must settle for what's on the shelves... :)

Actually, I'm not a bagel snob. I think Lender's are pretty good. :thumbsup:

And Adina knows I kid. Bagels are everywhere now...
  • 01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
    MJS
    I have bagelitis. Every morning my son and I stop and pick up eight and a half dozen bagels that deckcadet and a few others help me sell for our various clubs. We support the Photography, Film and Scuba club, all of which I advise by selling them at a buck a shot with a schmear of plain cream cheese. It's not a big earner, but is usually worth 20-25 bucks a day net.

Oh yeah, my son loved the movie, I can't wait to take my wife and daughter.