New Years Desktops

Printable View

• 01-04-2006, 07:45 PM
    Nuck
    1 Attachment(s)
    New Years Desktops
    Post your Desktops, Mine is a blown up photo of the cat.
  • 01-05-2006, 07:24 PM
    walterick
    Re: New Years Desktops
    How does one record their desktop? Is this a photograph?
  • 01-05-2006, 07:58 PM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    How does one record their desktop? Is this a photograph?

If you're on a PC, minimize everything so you can see your desktop. Then press the "Print Screan" key. It should be in the top row just to the left of your F keys. Then open up your editing software such as photoshop, open a blank file with your screan dimentions (800x600 for example), and pres CTRL-V to paste it in. That should do it. Not sure about a Mac.
  • 01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
    walterick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Cool! Thanks Michael. You learn something new every day!

A recent shot from Grand Canyon I've posted here before.
  • 01-05-2006, 10:53 PM
    Sebastian
    On a Mac:

Hit CMD-Shift-3 to save a PNG of the screen to your desktop, hit CMD-Shift-4 to select an area of the screen and save it to your desktop, and finally, hit CMD-Shift-4 and then SPACE to select just the contents of a window to save to your desktop.

There is a terminal command to change the default format it saves in as well. Since the entire OS is OpenGL/PDF based, you can choose from several.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Taking_S...ts_in_Mac_OS_X
  • 01-06-2006, 09:10 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    1 Attachment(s)
    Actually, I have four virtual desktops. Here are the four displayed at one time. My desktop computer uses only my own photos, this laptop uses images from others.
  • 01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
    photodolphin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Actually, I have four virtual desktops. Here are the four displayed at one time. My desktop computer uses only my own photos, this laptop uses images from others.

Hey Michael,

What virtual desktop software are you using?

tom
  • 01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Huh. Doesn't look that big to me...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    A recent shot from Grand Canyon I've posted here before...

Actually, quite impressive, Rick. Is that a double monitor desktop? Or just a widescreen?
  • 01-06-2006, 12:43 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photodolphin
    Hey Michael,

What virtual desktop software are you using?

tom

I am using the default that comes with Windows XP. Right click on the bottom task bar, choose Toolbars, then click on the Desktop Manager. That will put the MS Virtual Display Manager on the task bar. It helps organize things when helpful. To be honest, I only use multiple windows once in a while, usually concentrating on just the first window.
  • 01-06-2006, 12:55 PM
    walterick
    Re: Huh. Doesn't look that big to me...
    Dual monitors. Need 2 for daytrading :)

Thanks.
  • 01-17-2006, 09:03 AM
    opus
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Desktop Picture
    This is my desktop, has been for two years. It's a picture of my son on his 13th birthday, at Laguna Beach, CA.
  • 01-18-2006, 08:23 AM
    Trevor Ash
    Mine is black, with some icons scattered about. I can't get over the old days where throwing a large 24 bit bitmap on your desktop bogged down applications in Windows 95 :)

Sometimes I put something up as background wallpaper. Usually lasts a day or two before I get tired of it and go back to solid black.

I'm not a fancy thrills person. Give me "fast" and "works".
  • 01-19-2006, 01:02 PM
    ken1953
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    Mine is black, with some icons scattered about. I can't get over the old days where throwing a large 24 bit bitmap on your desktop bogged down applications in Windows 95 :)

Sometimes I put something up as background wallpaper. Usually lasts a day or two before I get tired of it and go back to solid black.

I'm not a fancy thrills person. Give me "fast" and "works".

Some habits are just so hard to break. I have the exact same dilemma...and can't get past it. Even with my new Dual Core/HT 2.8 mhz desktop w/1ghz RAM. hehe...guess I'm always gonna be stuck in the past.
    hehe...Ken