Need help from the UK

Printable View

• 08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
    racingpinarello
    Need help from the UK
    Sorry for the severe off topic post, but I need help from somebody from the UK.

I am a fanatic F1 fan and there is a new Playstation 2 game, Formula One 2006. It's only available in Europe (UK based game) or Japan. My system allows me to play games from around the world so I don't have to worry about the coding on the dis.

I am looking for some help in purchasing the game for me and I would definitely pay for it, plus shipping, plus a little more for the effort.

Let me know if you can help, and you can send me a personal email at photo@lorencrannell.com if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Loren
  • 08-03-2006, 05:31 PM
    walterick
    Re: Need help from the UK
    Quote:

Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    Sorry for the severe off topic post

Sorry buddy, this post just got you banned :D

LOL

This may be an obvious comment, but you've tried the web and especially Ebay? Lots of folks from the UK on there selling stuff. Is there also a UK Ebay? What about UK retailers selling on the web.

Good luck!

Rick
  • 08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
    another view
    Agree with Rick, probably quite a few places that will ship it to you. If that fails, I hate to volunteer him, but Smart Wombat would probably know what you're looking for!
  • 08-03-2006, 09:05 PM
    racingpinarello
    Thanks, but I tried that route already. With customs a retail store cannot send it to the UK directly and nobody on Ebay is selling yet. Trying to recruit some people at work who work overseas. I thought of Smart Wombat, but I don't want to impose on anybody.

It's just a game, but man I am hooked!!
  • 08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
    walterick
    Yeah, it took me years to get over my Tetris addiction.
  • 08-05-2006, 05:36 AM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by racingpinarello
    With customs a retail store cannot send it to the UK directly

I'm guessing that's a typo - should be "from the UK"? I bought a book a few years ago from a UK online retailer that wasn't available here in the 'States. Other than the shipping price, it wasn't any different than dealing with Amazon (took forever, just like them too :) ). Wish I remember what the place was... It was a large seller like the UK version of Barnes & Noble I think. In any case, this must be a different case. Good luck!
  • 08-05-2006, 02:42 PM
    SmartWombat
    Probably a typo, but still true, the US customs inspect outgoing packages too.
    As well as incoming. They give more attention to incoming, I believe.
    It's a requirement to fill in a CN22 contents/value declaration form.
    Which also acts as a good indicator to thieves if you're dumb enough to put "Diamond necklace" on the package :)