PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
    Liz

Need help with paypal

I'm not sure how to resolve this situation. I purchased a small $11.59 item through paypal (and my credit card) from Zagg Shieldzone - and returned it. After checking with Zagg, they said they refunded my "credit card" on Nov. 4. I then emailed paypal and asked how they do refund transactions. Here is the reply I received plus an apology for taking so long to reply to my email.

If you have been issued a credit and it has not been posted on
    your credit card statement, you should contact the card issuer regarding
    when the credit will post to your account.

This is the best information that I could fix for you today
    My "card issuer" gets the credit into my account within one day after they receive it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go from here to track it down?

I only used paypal once before years ago and lost $18 between the paypal/ebay transaction somewhere in cyberspace. I never got it back, so I hesitated to use them again, but did so because they have such a good reputation.

Thanks for any input.

Liz

Re: Need help with paypal

I haven't had any problems after about 400+ transactions using Paypal, including a dispute a won and was issued a prompt refund. First this I would do is check your "Account Activity" on Paypal. Do you see the refund listed there? If it's not listed, then the seller never issued your refund. If it is there, and says completed, than your card company hasn't posted the refund to you account yet. I have had times where it has take 3 or 4 days for credits to show on my credit card statement. Since you used your credit card, you have a second level of protection in that you can also file a dispute with your card company. Let us know how it turns out for you.
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Liz, so sorry this has happened to you. I'm a bit befuddled by Paypal's response. I have hundreds of transactions on Paypal and haven't had a problem like this.

Normally I pay out of my checking and if I am getting a refund it takes a couple of days. I can't imagine if your CC is attached to paypal that they wouldn't be showing record of your refund. It should all be documented in your Paypal account.

I'm kind of unclear as to what your CC company said and the merchant.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Strange response! I've bought from Shieldzone a couple of times (now owned by Zagg) but only bought directly from their website and not used PayPal. Like Aaron says, check your account history for the last 30 days and you should see a credit amount. If it's not there, then it hasn't been issued. Let us know, we'll help you get this resolved.

Liz

Thanks everyone!

I got the answer to the mystery this afternoon. Zagg (Shieldzone) emailed me apologizing that they "gave me the wrong information" and that they had not refunded the money to paypal. I'm so relieved - and now don't have to keep tracking. My bank is excellent in crediting my account within one day of a refund.

Final question: Does paypal keep the money in my account for future use or do they "automatically" refund it to my credit card? Thanks. I know I can email them, but thought someone here would have this info so I don't have to keep emailing them.

Thanks.

Liz

When it's cash they put it back in my paypal account and from there I have to transfer it back to my checking. I'm not completely positive on a cc though.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

I'm not sure in the case of a refund, never had that happen to me before. When I sell things on ebay I let the balance accumulate and then have them mail me a check (USPS mail, real paper check that I take to the bank). It costs $1.50 for this and takes 10 days but I prefer it over having my credit card and bank account tied to my Paypal account.

If Paypal keeps the balance in your account with them, you could spend the money at B&H (probably mail order, not in store). B&H and many other "real" stores take Paypal and there is no fee for the buyer to do this.

Liz

Thanks Jeta and Steve......I think I'll have it put back on my credit card, if that's possible.

Liz

Thread Information