• 07-21-2005, 06:20 AM
    Peter_AUS
    More Bombs in London when will it stop
    This is such a terrible thing to be happening again, so soon after the last one. Lets keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

Also remember the Australian woman that have been hurt in a cycling road accident three days ago in Germany and hope that only one poor lady who lost her life is the end of that and the other 5 get well soon.
  • 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
    Lara
    Re: More Bombs in London when will it stop
    This is such a terrible thing to be happening again, so soon after the last one. Lets keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

It is a horrible thing Peter. Unfortunately, nobody can leave their guard down, especially in heavily populated and or traveled areas.

Also remember the Australian woman that have been hurt in a cycling road accident three days ago in Germany and hope that only one poor lady who lost her life is the end of that and the other 5 get well soon.
    A different kind of tragedy, but just as heart wrenching. I wish the remaining 5 the best.
  • 07-22-2005, 12:41 AM
    almo
    It'll end when the politicians get their gin blossoms out of the business of war and let the military do what they were put there to do.

In other words: NEVER

"The politicians are not there to give me orders. Their purpose is to pay for my guns, and fill my uniforms."

-Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
  • 07-22-2005, 05:34 AM
    Liz
    Peter,

Thanks for posting this reminder for us to keep thinking about what good we can do personally - and to pray for those affected by terrorism. We need to pray for our own countries also. We are all vulnerable.

I miss you, Peter, as I don't see you around as much.

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS

• 07-22-2005, 09:02 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by almo
    "The politicians are not there to give me orders. Their purpose is to pay for my guns, and fill my uniforms."

-Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Unfortunately, Patton is not the best example of a supporter of democracy! In this country, the civilians rule, the military obeys. Thank goodness for that.