PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

michael jackson...not guilty

Can you believe it? And worse, after all this, there will still be parents who will allow thier children to spend time with him unsupervised.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Liz

Hmmmmm

Surprise Surprise! It will be interesting to see what he will do now.......or how the public will respond to his future performances.

I do wonder if he were just a "man on the street" what the ultimate verdict would have been.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Can you believe it? And worse, after all this, there will still be parents who will allow thier children to spend time with him unsupervised.

Re: Hmmmmm

Bah! Money and fame buys you freedom. The "man on the street" would have been prosecuted years ago.

A comment was made on court TV that Johnny Cochran knew the O.J. verdict before it was formally announced in court. Tell me these celebs don't get special treatment.
    Jackson took his sweet time getting to the courthouse for his verdict. If the common man did that, they would be slapped with contempt of court. All of this makes me sick.
    Lara

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: michael jackson...not guilty

He is a FREAK and ... only in California can you kill your wife or touch children and BUY your freedom.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Bah! Money and fame buys you freedom.
    Cynics unite! Yeah, feel the same way. I have to admit that I didn't follow it very close, but was afraid of this. Money can also buy you the best team of lawyers in the business.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

The Law...

Although I personally believe that MJ is guilty, the prosecution did not present a good case. They became totally entangled in the questionable conspiracy charge that was confusing and unconvincing. The main issue, the actions themselves, were lost in the muck. The jury did the right thing, following the law instead of their emotions. The prosecution did not prove their case.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Re: The Law...

They say that a defense never loses a case, the prosecution does. The prosecution had some flaws that should've been taken care of. That being said, even if Michael Jackson was innocent, this is just another drop in this horrible bucket of the rich and famous getting off a huge crime. Think, Ryder, Blake, Simpson, all got off with little to no punishment. It's sad really.

On a funny note, I really did feel alot more safer when Martha Stewart was in jail though

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    On a funny note, I really did feel alot more safer when Martha Stewart was in jail though
    Yes! A Letterman fan!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Well ... based on what we saw/heard of the evidence presented, I'm not surprised.
    I don't think the jury had any other option, because the (presentiation of the) evidence seemed to fall short of the proof.
    But with a different presentaiton of the evidence, and pursuing the lines of questioning further?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Yes! A Letterman fan!
    You caught me But yes, Letterman, Leno, and O'Brien....can't live without them!

Lets see here. OJ, Blake, Jackson. God bless California juries.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: The Attorneys...

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay

Arnold (our governor) needs to start wearing wife beater undershirts instead of suits if he wants anyone's attention. He's only been getting booed at lately. You have to play the game... or take your marbles and go home.

This is L.A.
    I'd wear a wifebeather if it'd turn you on Penny...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

I guess if your rich, you can also afford the best defense in the world, so you probably should be innocent if you can hire the best!

I guess if your rich, you can also afford the best defense in the world, so you probably should be innocent if you can hire the best!
    Mesereau has become Wacko's new pimp. He has opened the gates for even more little boys to be had by Jacko. Only now they will probably start disappearing before the public knows about them.

It's a wonderful world.
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Lets see here. OJ, Blake, Jackson. God bless California juries.
    Those who have no time for jury duty and do everything in their power to get out of it should take note. We all get what we ask for.

Those who have no time for jury duty and do everything in their power to get out of it should take note. We all get what we ask for.
    I totally agree with that!!!

But...... my mom was raped twice, 4 cousins(M/F siblings) molested by their father and uncle from VERY young ages....... many more details of my life to add

Do you think I ever lasted past the 5th question ?

Don't worry people , MJ will catch a bullet from a PO'd person someday ! Remember Cali is also a religious cult haven too ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Mesereau has become Wacko's new pimp. He has opened the gates for even more little boys to be had by Jacko. Only now they will probably start disappearing before the public knows about them.

It's a wonderful world.
    But Mesereau did something right if he could convince the Jury on all 10 counts that MJ had nothing to do with it.

But Mesereau did something right if he could convince the Jury on all 10 counts that MJ had nothing to do with it.
    They coulda found a naked boy, drawing a detailed picture of Jackos naugty parts as he sipped on a can of Jesus juice and sang billy jean, under wackos bed and he'd still be in the same place he is right now.
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

nice image

Here's the thing. Given the fact that there were allegations years ago, any parent with any common sense would not have allowed thier kids to spend the night at MJ's ranch.

So for me, while I personally feel that he should be punished for what he did (because I think he did, legal jargon aside) he is only partially to blame. What kind of nutjob allows thier child to spend the night, unattended, in the bedroom of a 45 year old man. A 45 yr old man who has been accused of child abuse, a 45 yr old man who lives on a ranch called neverland, and believes himself to be Peter Pan, a 45 yr old man who dangles his own child off that balcony of a hotel?

As a parent, there's no way in hell I'd have put my kids in that enviroment. So while I believe Michael Jackson should be serving time, I also think that the parents should be held accountable as well.

I agree, putting your son or daughter into such an enviroment is a disturbing and horrible thing to do. Yet, it lasted for 10 years, and just now he's saying he'll stop letting children into his room. It's a horrible day that on ALL 10 counts, he walked free. Count one, the molestation charge, was iffy, and I don't know if there was enough evidence, especially considering the mother of the child has had some cruical problems in her testimony and her past, yet all 10...unbelievable.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I agree with that. I mean, how on earth could we expect 12 people who are not smart enuf to get out of jury duty, to make the right choice? ;)
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Well, a previous alleged molestee(read victom) said he could ID it by the speckles on it.... ;) Maybe me got a chemical peel on it by now?
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Thread Information