• 07-28-2006, 09:46 AM
    walterick
    Re: Lets Make Drug Use Legal in Sports
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mwfanelli
    religious people off to jail!

Finally, we agree on something! :D

I'm done with this conversation for a while. I feel I've made my points as well as I can. Michael, enjoy your freedom. PJ, enjoy your hobbies :D I'm taking a break. C-yas!
  • 07-28-2006, 09:55 AM
    mwfanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Finally, we agree on something! :D

I'm done with this conversation for a while. I feel I've made my points as well as I can. Michael, enjoy your freedom. PJ, enjoy your hobbies :D I'm taking a break. C-yas!

Yeah, the conversation has pretty much solidified into two groups. There are many who feel that more government, more enforcement, more laws, more people in jail will solve all of society's problems. Then there are a few of us who want less government and not defer to others the running of our own lives. :-)

With any luck, Landis will be proven innocent. I'd like that. But it doesn't change the basic concept, question, of who should determine how we live our life.
  • 07-28-2006, 02:25 PM
    JSPhoto
    Micheal wrote:
    Don't you see, that is big government! YOU are making teh connection between "drugs bad" and "common sense."

Micheal, the biggest problem in this country is COMMON SENSE, actually the LACK of common sense. The lack of common sense is why we have more warning labels on everything made than any other country, and why we have so many idiotic laws. Drug users have less common sense than the average turnip......

JS
  • 07-28-2006, 03:04 PM
    Dylan8i
    well i'm going to comment on the performance enhancing drugs as started this topic. i don't have enough time to debate about why *most* now illegal drugs should remain legal.

as far as performance enhancing drugs go, i'll pertain this mostly to steriods because thats what the majority is, even though there is a list of banned substances many pages long (i have a copy from the NCAA if anyone wants to read it). If steroids were made legal it WOULD effect many other people than just the users. the current users would use them alot more because there is no risk of penalty. They have already accepted to take the risk to their bodys and with no legal punishment than the pluses far outweight the negatives. a few players may try them for the first time trying to get better. Many players on the edge of making the league would use them so that they could make the league and make alot of money. The players that didn't want to use them, and were in the pro league would now be induated by players on drugs taking their spots in the team. Thus they would be forced to take the drugs or quit playing- and thus earning lots of money.

also if it were legal coaches could demand the entire team take the drugs to improve his team, and doing no harm to his body, make them over take the drugs.

Also, kids with high hopes of making it to the big leagues would be forced to take them at young and younger ages when the drugs do even more damage to your body, just so they can keep that hope alive that they may make it.

there would be major implications to everyone involved, not just current users, if performance enhancing drugs were made legal.
  • 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Drug users have less common sense than the average turnip......

One question: Do you drink (use) alcohol?