PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lance doesn't like Photoshop

Maybe just the people who use it......Check it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/L...urn=top,248976
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Lance doesn't like Photoshop

I don't blame him.
    Good photoshop work though.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Lance really doesn't like anybody but Lance. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker
    Lance really doesn't like anybody but Lance. - TF
    There must be something to that. As good as an athelete that he is and with all he has done no one seems to like him.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I like him.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

It's just satire, but I can see where he doesn't appreciate the implication that he wore this shirt when he didn't!
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I like him.
    I do too Frog. I don't think he ever doped either. You think he would get a little more respect than he does. I think the media dislikes him so much because they can't dig any dirt up on him.

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    I do too Frog. I don't think he ever doped either. You think he would get a little more respect than he does. I think the media dislikes him so much because they can't dig any dirt up on him.
    Disagree on all counts. Ask every one of his former friends. He may be in trouble now, though. It isn't just cycling this time (who won't touch him), it's the feds. - TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

I can't find any news that he is in trouble. What has he done? Steroids?

Sony a99/a7R

I can't find any news that he is in trouble. What has he done? Steroids?
    One of his old 'friends'/team mates from Postal/Discovery (Floyd Landis) has admitted to doping and implicated Armstrong (among many other riders and management). Though Landis' credibility leaves a lot to be desired, he may give enough info which (when put together with all the rest of the evidence) may give the Feds enough to bring up fraud charges. The charges would be that he and the team (he owned part of Postal/Discovery - what him and his financial partners own is a whole different story) defrauded a division of the US government (USPS) by claiming to be drug free. The Fed agent on the case is the same one that went after BALCO/Barry Bonds

I know I'm getting way off topic here, but samples from Armstrong's early Tours did show drug use. There is no reasonable doubt that he used EPO.

TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

I think some of Lance's blood has been frozen over the years and he has been tested to the extreme. I am sure if he has doped it will catch up to him sooner or later. I hope he never test positive though. I also really don't trust the French either. As much as he has done for their country and the tour they care little for him I have read that they write nasty things about him on the pavement before a race and have also spit beer on him.

Sony a99/a7R

I think some of Lance's blood has been frozen over the years and he has been tested to the extreme. I am sure if he has doped it will catch up to him sooner or later. I hope he never test positive though. I also really don't trust the French either. As much as he has done for their country and the tour they care little for him I have read that they write nasty things about him on the pavement before a race and have also spit beer on him.
    His urine HAS tested positive for synthetic EPO. It could not be used by the drug authorities against him, but it was positive.

The anti-french is just more of his multi-million dollar PR machine. The 'famous' spitting in the Tour was by a German.

TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

GB1

I know I'm getting way off topic here, but samples from Armstrong's early Tours did show drug use. There is no reasonable doubt that he used EPO.

TF

Yep. I think it's safe to say that nearly all used EPO or other drugs there for awhile. Lance denies it, but seeing interviews with folks who claim to have witnessed it and the positive test sample(s), I think it is pretty obvious that he was a member of the drug culture that appears to have perverted professional bicycling. It reminds me of baseball, except there I think about 50% did steroids whereas in biking, probably 90% cheated.

He probably didn't do anything the other top dudes didn't, however. For what it's worth.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Yep. I think it's safe to say that nearly all used EPO or other drugs there for awhile. Lance denies it, but seeing interviews with folks who claim to have witnessed it and the positive test sample(s), I think it is pretty obvious that he was a member of the drug culture that appears to have perverted professional bicycling. It reminds me of baseball, except there I think about 50% did steroids whereas in biking, probably 90% cheated.

He probably didn't do anything the other top dudes didn't, however. For what it's worth.
    At the Pro-Tour/American League/National League level, would say 99% in both and I'm not sure about that 1%. - TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

That is all sad if he doped. If he did the truth will come out sooner or later. He is even braver if he is still at it. Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?

Sony a99/a7R

I think Mr. lands is going to turn out to be a liar.
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?...07&topId=Jnull

Sony a99/a7R

I think Mr. lands is going to turn out to be a liar.
    http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?...07&topId=Jnull
    An admitted liar, but that does not change the overwhelming evidence. We'll see if the Feds can get Armstrong???. That's what has him worried.

My favorite is the, "...using the money from sold bikes to fund a doping scheme." Like selling a few bikes would cover the hundreds of thousands Postal/Discovery paid for outside 'coaching'.

Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

I also read that the Feds are passing out subpoenas and Greg Lemond got one. I have a Lemond bike, Greg shot his mouth off about Lance a couple of years ago and Trek, which made the Lemond series yanked his bikes off of their site over night.
    It will be interesting to see where all of this leads, I read at ESPN today the Lance had been tested over 500 times during his career.

Sony a99/a7R

Sony a99/a7R

I also read that the Feds are passing out subpoenas and Greg Lemond got one. I have a Lemond bike, Greg shot his mouth off about Lance a couple of years ago and Trek, which made the Lemond series yanked his bikes off of their site over night.
    Armstrong is VERY powerful in the cycling world. Also, Trek is reported to have received Federal subpoenas.

It will be interesting to see where all of this leads, I read at ESPN today the Lance had been tested over 500 times during his career.
    Imagine if other sports received that kind of scrutiny.

Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

It is strange to me that some sports seem to be untouched by drug testing, boxing, UFC fighting, hockey, even golf. But others test to the extreme.
    Floyd Mayweather wants testing before fighting Pacquiao, but Pacquiao is reluctant to do it close to a fight date. That tells me alot about Paqcuiao.
    If Lance done something he sure covered his trails. I guess after he dies they will wanting to dig him up and get DNA samples 100 years from now.
    Either way Lance put Cycling on the map and made the sport what it is.

Sony a99/a7R

It is strange to me that some sports seem to be untouched by drug testing, boxing, UFC fighting, hockey, even golf. But others test to the extreme.
    If it is not an Olympic sport, there is no obligation to test at all.

If Lance done something he sure covered his trails. I guess after he dies they will wanting to dig him up and get DNA samples 100 years from now.
    He is very good and has the best in the world working for him. The Italian Dr. Ferrari would be the most infamous. And there are still the sythetic EPO positives from his 1999 Tour samples.

Either way Lance put Cycling on the map and made the sport what it is.
    In the US where it is still below the radar of most people. Very few know anything more than Armstrong and the Tour. Cycling was big in Europe long before Armstrong where it is a blue collar type of sport. Something like boxing where the poor kid can make good and will do what it takes - including doping.

Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

His urine HAS tested positive for synthetic EPO. It could not be used by the drug authorities against him, but it was positive.

The anti-french is just more of his multi-million dollar PR machine. The 'famous' spitting in the Tour was by a German.

TF
    Actually, a number of samples from 1999 were re-tested in 2004, these samples were anonymous and were identified by only a number, 15 samples tested positive, and there is no direct evidence that any of these samples were or weren't Lance's. Although I have heard stories that there was solid evidence that several samples were Lance's. Even then, the samples were no longer legal(they needed an A/B sample and the A samples had been destroyed). In 2006, Lance was cleared of these charges by the International Cycling Union. The Union also accused Frances World Anti Doping Agency of misconduct in unfairly targeting Lance.

In 1999 when Lance began his series of tour wins, he had just beaten cancer, and had molded himself into the greatest cyclist in the US and the world. This pissed the euroweenies off and they did all they could to prove that an American was incapable of winning the tour. Lance has been tested and re-tested as much or more as anyone in the tour. Yet he has not ever been proven to be dirty.

There is however scientific evidence that Lance is pretty much a freak of nature, with a better heart, and better muscle fibers than his competition. In his battle with cancer he had two years of almost absolute rest, and with that a loss of muscle. He had to rebuild himself into a different kind of rider leaner, with more agility in the mountains. The battle with cancer also made him mentally stronger.

I think there is a combination of witch hunt, some truth, some jealousy, childishness, and outright lying on both sides. Floyd Landis felt some need to take teammates down with him, instead of manning up and just saying he cheated. Lance is an a$$ in private life as far as I'm concerned, and as far as a lot of people are concerned. He's also an American in a sport traditionally dominated by Europeans sparking blatant jealousy and discrimination, and that's placed a giant target on his back.

His accomplishments in cycling are incredible. From what I have read he has never failed a drug test, but there is plenty of suspicion. There were "positives" but they weren't legal positives. In just the six months after he announced his comeback, he's been randomly tested at least 24 times...do you think there was anyone else that was tested that heavily? People want Lance to be dirty, because they don't like him personally, I don't think that's fair to him as an athlete.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    Actually, a number of samples from 1999 were re-tested in 2004, these samples were anonymous and were identified by only a number, 15 samples tested positive, and there is no direct evidence that any of these samples were or weren't Lance's. Although I have heard stories that there was solid evidence that several samples were Lance's. Even then, the samples were no longer legal(they needed an A/B sample and the A samples had been destroyed). In 2006, Lance was cleared of these charges by the International Cycling Union. The Union also accused Frances World Anti Doping Agency of misconduct in unfairly targeting Lance.

In 1999 when Lance began his series of tour wins, he had just beaten cancer, and had molded himself into the greatest cyclist in the US and the world. This pissed the euroweenies off and they did all they could to prove that an American was incapable of winning the tour. Lance has been tested and re-tested as much or more as anyone in the tour. Yet he has not ever been proven to be dirty.

There is however scientific evidence that Lance is pretty much a freak of nature, with a better heart, and better muscle fibers than his competition. In his battle with cancer he had two years of almost absolute rest, and with that a loss of muscle. He had to rebuild himself into a different kind of rider leaner, with more agility in the mountains. The battle with cancer also made him mentally stronger.

I think there is a combination of witch hunt, some truth, some jealousy, childishness, and outright lying on both sides. Floyd Landis felt some need to take teammates down with him, instead of manning up and just saying he cheated. Lance is an a$$ in private life as far as I'm concerned, and as far as a lot of people are concerned. He's also an American in a sport traditionally dominated by Europeans sparking blatant jealousy and discrimination, and that's placed a giant target on his back.

His accomplishments in cycling are incredible. From what I have read he has never failed a drug test, but there is plenty of suspicion. There were "positives" but they weren't legal positives. In just the six months after he announced his comeback, he's been randomly tested at least 24 times...do you think there was anyone else that was tested that heavily? People want Lance to be dirty, because they don't like him personally, I don't think that's fair to him as an athlete.
    Agreed.....

Quote Originally Posted by EOSThree
    Actually, a number of samples from 1999 were re-tested in 2004, these samples were anonymous and were identified by only a number, 15 samples tested positive, and there is no direct evidence that any of these samples were or weren't Lance's. Although I have heard stories that there was solid evidence that several samples were Lance's.
    The reporter obtained the number code list from the UCI. We know exactly which were Armstrong’s. His samples contained synthetic EPO.

Even then, the samples were no longer legal(they needed an A/B sample and the A samples had been destroyed). In 2006, Lance was cleared of these charges by the International Cycling Union. The Union also accused Frances World Anti Doping Agency of misconduct in unfairly targeting Lance.
    Just because the UCI could not use the samples against him for technical reasons, does not change the reality of the sample analysis. And it is only the UCI and the doping agencies (sanctioned by the Olympic committee) - legal has nothing to do with it. We could also get into the $120,000 Armstrong donations to the UCI or the $millions donated by his sponsor/co-team owner Thomas Weisel to the USA Cycling (USAC) in exchange for a majority of the positions on the board of directors.

The World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) is not French (it is based in Canada) and is the anti-doping arm of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). WADA initiated the retesting of the 1999 samples. The anti-French thing is pure xenophobic Armstrong PR.

More Armstrong PR to explain the unexplainable. There is way more evidence of doping than there is of any super powers. I will 100% agree that his mental focus is way beyond what we can even imagine.

He is an incredible athlete, but I don't think that there is any doubt that he doped. Remember his big speech that August when he announced his comeback about how he was hiring a doctor that was above reproach and he was going to be completely transparent with his testing? In January, he fired the doctor (I guess he was above reproach) without one test being done.

Terry
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information