PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Be kind to your family and friends

I hadn't heard from a friend of mine in several days and another buddy of mine hears from him every day and hadn't heard from him since Friday. I decided to go over and check on him and his wife and son today only to walk in on a double homicide and suicide of him his wife and son. We have been friends for 42 years and now they are no more. The reason I tell this is to remind everyone that you never know when or if you will ever see anyone again so try and keep this in mind when you leave your friends or family because it may be the last time. I was lucky and was just over to their house a matter of days ago and had a good visit, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Be kind to your family and friends

Oh, Lord, Jeff! If only we could know when our friends are in trouble!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

Terrible news. I wonder what happened, but I guess it doesn't make too much difference now.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Are you doing OK? I would be a basket case. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Without going in to the details it was a combination of a 47 year old son with an attitude, drinking to much and having a gun in the house. The dad is the friend of mine that I took pictures of yachts for sale for that I have posted in the past. I met him when in 1968 and we have been friends ever since. The entire time I have known him he was confined to a wheel chair due to polio, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GB1

Bad combination for sure - alcohol, loaded gun, bad attitude.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Very sorry Jeff.

I appreciate the replies. I wish some how that we could delete images in our minds like we can delete them on our computers. I don't think the images I have in my mind will not need a backup and will still last forever. Hope none of you ever have this experience and always have happy ones, Jeff.

banished

That's a terrible story. And your right about that, that you can never tell if you can see again the person you have left. And never ever take anyone for granted.

Liz

Jeff,

I am so sorry about your friends. What a terrible tragedy for this family, and for you. I will pray for you this weekend in a most special way. God bless you, Jeff. I am sorry.

Just a thought - you might consider posting this in Viewfinder. I say that because it is our "livingroom" so to speak where we can share personally. And, I don't always check the "off-topic" forum if I don't have much time, but I almost ALWAYS check VF because I want to be sure everyone is okay. I think most of us check VF more frequently because we come to know more about each other personally there. This way you will know that most of our PR community will eventually see your post. And they would want to know.

Liz

Thoughts and prayers go out to you from Minnesota. Thanks for the reminder that we should never take friends or family for granted.
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Thread Information