• 05-16-2008, 07:23 AM
    adina
    James Blunt
    Anyone? How did I miss him for so long?

Love love love him!
  • 05-16-2008, 07:58 AM
    retroactiv
    Re: James Blunt
    Personally, he is a sell out just like most of the artists you hear on the radio anymore.
  • 05-16-2008, 10:06 AM
    mwfanelli2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    Anyone? How did I miss him for so long?

Love love love him!

A bit too wishy-washy for my tastes.
  • 05-16-2008, 06:14 PM
    Frog
    Never heard of him
  • 05-16-2008, 09:34 PM
    cookies23
    i think i only heard one song from him and that was it.
  • 05-17-2008, 06:53 AM
    SmartWombat
    Only one song and that was enough - "Beautiful"
    Yeaargh.
    It was OK once, not thousands of times.
    Now I hate him through too much radio exposure.
    He's a standing joke
  • 05-17-2008, 04:53 PM
    adina
    Really? I have never heard him on the radio. Stumbled upon a cd at the library, and really enjoyed it. Hadn't heard of him before this, although I lead a sheltered life.
  • 05-17-2008, 09:23 PM
    JETA
    I'm not an Oprah watcher, but she had him on a couple years ago.
  • 09-25-2008, 05:42 AM
    cookies23
    If I may ask, just who exactly is James Blunt? :confused:

CCTV camera
  • 09-25-2008, 06:23 AM
    Robusto
    http://www.jamesblunt.com/

Here you go

James Blunt (born James Blount in Tidworth, Wiltshire, England on February 22, 1977) is an English musician whose debut album, Back To Bedlam, and single releases - especially number one hit "You're Beautiful" - brought him to fame in 2005. His style has been described as a mix of jazz, rock and soul, and comparisons have been made between him and early Elton John. Along with the vocals of the album, Blunt plays a variety of instruments including the piano, guitar and organ.

Blount (the name was changed for his music career) was born at a British Army hospital, the son and grandson of senior army officers. He was sent to board at Elstree School aged seven, and at thirteen was accepted into Harrow School. While there, and aged only sixteen, he became one of the youngest holders of a UK Private Pilot Licence. He read aeronautical engineering at Bristol University on an army bursary which required him to enlist on graduation. He joined the Life Guards the senior regiment in the British Army. During his four years service he was promoted to Captain with the British Army and served as a NATO peacekeeper in Kosovo, one of the first to enter those areas where war crimes had been committed. It was this experience that led to his writing of the song "No Bravery". After his tour of duty in Kosovo he was sent to Switzerland where he became the captain of the Household Cavalry downhill ski team. One of his final duties in the army before retirement was the funeral of the Queen Mother on April 9, 2002, where he carried her coffin. He has said that he had been shot at more times than 50 Cent. (Nyhetsmorgon interview on TV4)

Hes is quite funny and takes the piss out of himself
    see top gear interview http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
  • 09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
    rylan
    James Blunt is actually coming to Saint John for a large show here in the next month i believe, its not my style of music, but i support what he is doing.
  • 09-25-2008, 06:56 PM
    Skyman
    Listen more closely to Beautiful
    <a href="http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/james-blunt-p1.php">http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2006/james-blunt-p1.php</a>
  • 09-29-2008, 06:40 AM
    frleal70
    I think he has an awesome voice, and is a pretty decent lyricist.
  • 09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
    Anbesol
    Well, I've only heard one song of his (over, and over, and over, everywhere). Not a fan, but, I've never been a big fan of soft music...

The song would make for a funny parody though.
  • 09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
    adina
    Ahh, I'm a fickle girl....

I've moved on. Have you heard Kid Rock's new cd? OMG totally amazing, love it.

Dh was burning cd's to take with up to North Carolina (we drive), he comverts to mp3's and then can fit like 10 cds on one disc. So he says "what have you been listening to?" I say Kid Rock, he says, okay, what else, because the girls can't listen to that. I'm like "kid rock". He says, seriously, give me something else. Nope, can't. Kid Rock, I've got like 4 of his cd's, so a nice variety.
  • 09-30-2008, 03:55 PM
    Skyman
    I have been rediscovering the older stuff in my collection.

Early Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Greenday mostly I do like the new Coldplay album though.
  • 10-22-2008, 02:28 AM
    susaan
    LOL,Skyman,

- the video of William Shatner and Joe Jackson singing" Common People"

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2...-people-p1.php

same site, is priceless.(now where did I file,"I'm the Man" ?)

Blunt's a major good guy,involved in Medecin Sans Frontiers,and I have all 3 albums on my wish list for the next downtown trip.
    My (American) husband makes fun of his accent,I keep telling him some Brit men can sound,um,effeminate...if you're a redneck....(I'm a Brit,-funny,did'nt ever notice that before)
    - but no doubt he will be happy when my current fixation with the Foo Fighters wears off...
  • 10-22-2008, 03:16 PM
    danic
    Initally I couldn't stand James Blunt, but after my g/f bought his album, I was forced to listen to it and have become a fan of his music since.