PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

How hot are you?

we are at 97 degrees, 107 with the heat index.

That may not seem like much to you, but for us, where we average high 80's/low 90s at our hottest times, we are melting.

Off to have a nice cool glass of wine....
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: How hot are you?

Did I metion we don't have air conditioning because it gives me migrains....

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    Did I metion we don't have air conditioning because it gives me migrains....
    Eesh! I wouldn't be able to stand this heat if we didn't have a/c...ugh. We're supposed to be up to 100 tomorrow, but it will feel like 110. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

its been hovering around 100 here for about a month, and the worst part is...I work in it everyday.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

What, haven't you seen my self portraits?

98 today. Cool spell. We should be about 105.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

By this afternoon 46 Celcius (114.8 F)
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

My wife says a 10 but I'm modest and say only an 8.

Oh you meant temperature! We're a cool 93 today. We haven't been nearly as hot as some of the country.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

We are supposed to hit triple digits with very high humidity today and tomorrow here in Eastern Maryland. The heat index is listed as 115 degrees. I hate summer. We need a giant volcano to erupt and lower the temperatures for a year or so!
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

We've got family in from Maryland, but unfortunately, we are going to be about the same here today, so they aren 't missing anything.

Swimming lessons started yesterday, so we'll be at the beach everyday this week and next. Timed that nicely...

It's not the lens... It's the vision... fdpiech's Avatar

How hot is it here in Memphis?

I think I just saw Satan flaging down the ice cream truck...
    Frank "Peach" Piechorowski
    -----------------------------------
    Bluff City Galleries
    The Memphis Photographer
    The Factice Studies

Ours is the same here, as Michael's. Heat index very high and the humidity unbearable. I'm close to the Boston area. It has been a brutal summer. ugh...and no, I won't complain about the cold in winter either! I love the cold weather. Must move to Alaska lol
    Lara

I'm about medium rare after helping a friend move on Sunday with temps and humidity both near three digits...

drg

It is so hot that the power went off the FIRST time I tried to respond to this post! Only about two hours or I would have melteddd. Found out I have a bad plug on the Uninterrupted Power Supply distribution panel, and of all things the WiFi transmitter turned off. Everything else worked, just nothing could talk to each other. Fixed NOW!

Some poor soul lost control of their Semi-Trailer and drove over a power pole. Ameren wasn't too far away and it only got slightly warm inside - But . .

It is so hot that I am worshipping the existence of Klondike Bars.

IISHT there is a piece of asphalt outside my house that has a New Balance logo imprinted in it.

IISHT the neighbors vacated the pool.

IISHTT deck thermometer went wacko yesterday. And it goes to 120 but is digital and the display just didn't like it even though it is sheltered.

IISHTT I am worshipping the Air Conditioning God this afternoon.

Here in Central Illinois looks like we are going to have 5 days in a row of 100 degree highs.

Yowza!

Oh, it was so hot last night at 6:30 pm that the Krispy Kremes stayed hot until I got home! Not totally uneaten, but still hot. Got ten hot ones home.

Hope everyone is staying cool. Oh, good it looks like the backyard neighbor has just brought home a keg. Gotta Run!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by fdpiech
    How hot is it here in Memphis?

I think I just saw Satan flaging down the ice cream truck...
    Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Ours is the same here, as Michael's. Heat index very high and the humidity unbearable. I'm close to the Boston area. It has been a brutal summer. ugh...and no, I won't complain about the cold in winter either! I love the cold weather. Must move to Alaska lol

I'm so with you Lara. I would rather have 3 feet of snow than another day of this crap. At least with cold, you can always put on more clothes. There's only so much more I can take off before I run the possibilities of jail time.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    I'm in Northern NJ and it is the same here too! The last I heard the temperature outside, they said Newark broke a record at 100. I don't know if it got beyond that. My car thermometer registered 104 (outside temp), but I think the sun had something to do with that.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be between 98 and 102 (a few reports said 105). Thursday about 98. Friday a cold front is coming in - it will go down to the mid-80s. That will probably feel "cool" at this rate.

I'm with you, Lara, Michael and Adina........I'll take winter any day. I don't tolerate heat at all.

My prayer is that the POWER doesn't go off.

Liz

In moab its been between 99 and 105 roughly for the past month. but in the surrounding desert side (such as arches).... I went hiking on sunday because it was only suppose to be 99 so i was hiking and watching my little thermometer in the shade it was between 100 and 110, in the sun on the way back it was between 115 and 120 and when i set my pack down and sat in the shade, (pack was on the sand no less than 30 seconds this is what i saw):

oh yeah an no AC here, but i do live in a basment so its usually around 80 degrees at nigth when i'm home.
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

It's been the same here, HOT & HUMID! Today didn't feel as bad as it did over the weekend tho. I actutally didn't mind being outside today. Not that I spent a lot of time outside tho. We did take the dogs to the lake to go swimming this evening and it felt pretty good to be outside even tho the radio told us it was still in the upper 80's. It's sprinkling here now and the temp has dropped to about 80 and it feels pretty good outside. It's still muggy, but much more comfortable that it has been.

I don't mind the heat, but I'm ready for a cool spell so I don't have to worry about my camera lenses fogging up when I take them outside after being in the AC all day.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information