PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: House update

House update

Counter guy was out today to measure. We should have those in about two weeks. The first is the cabinets and you can just see the pot rack on the top. Next few are the what the outside looked like for the past two weeks, then what it looks like now.

That cabinet on the back stoop is what we used to have. There's one more of them in the house (living room), they are both on thier way to the firepit. The blue tarp is the lawn mower which will be in the shed as soon as it gets here.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: House update

Ack! I hope you guys are planning on building a deck for that sliding glass door to open on to!

Adina, your house looks great. Your cabinets look great too. I like that finish. I'm a little surprised to see that you guys didn't go with stainless though

I'll bet it must feel pretty good to get all that done! Your time and patience has paid off!

I just realized I promised you guys pictures a long time ago. Work has pretty much stopped over here (for a number of reasons, LOL) and this place is looking pretty good too. Pics one of these days...

Congrats again!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

thanks.

There is a porch up there, but it leaked into the kitchen, so whole thing got ripped off, and a new roof put on it, eventually, we'll get the porch and railings back up, but I think we are done for the year. We've already gotten some snow, so that usually ends the outside work.

And I don't like stainless steel. The appliances we had, bought them 3 yrs ago. The saleslady at the one cabinet place tried to sell us new ones, but I love my stove. I can fit 3 sheets of cookies in at a time.

You're not done yet?

The progress looks great! We are far from done and have been here over 9 years...

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Mmmmmmmm...cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    but I love my stove. I can fit 3 sheets of cookies in at a time.
    Nice to see your progress on the house.

Oh, Adina, I completely forgot to mention. One very important job of a photo assistant is to bake oatmeal raisin cookies for the photographer...

BTW, I picked up a copy of "Women Before 10am" today for $4! Love that book...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

You'd have to pick the one kind that I can't make to save my life. Mine always turn out wrong.

I love that book as well, I feel a trip to Barnes and Nobles coming on. I love to just go and hang out there all day.

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    You're not done yet?

Almost....counter guys came out and measured. Hopefully before the 28th, because I already sent out invites for our annual Halloween/birthday party. I'd hate to have to put plywood on the cabinets.

Thread Information