PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Have you tried painting by numbers?

it has become very popular in the modern world and I am wondering if you tried it?

Re: Have you tried painting by numbers?

I LOVE paint-by-numbers sets!

There have been times when I’ve found them on sale and bought a bunch of different styles. Then I arbitrarily switch the paints from one kit to another and renumber them. I vary the rules I use from piece to piece. Sometimes I have to use my own paint. They tend to use the same colors from set to set.

Pink skies!

Brown water!

Green windmills!

Purple horses!

Blue tigers!

I like to use a sharpie to outline where the original guidelines are. I don’t blend (although, that’s not a bad idea). I like the shapes they use for the shading.

The right kit, done right, can come out really neat. Not all of them work out. More expensive, difficult kits work better than cheap ones.

They look nice in a frame, it’s fun, relaxing, and you can churn them out really fast.

I used to know a guy who bought bad landscape paintings at thrift stores and doctored them. I’m not sure if they were good art or bad - but I really wanted one. I think it’s the same for paint by numbers.

I don’t think I’ve learned anything from Paint-by-Numbers - other than you can make something lame much cooler by changing the rules.

Re: Have you tried painting by numbers?

Sure! This became my favorite pastime during the quarantine period. Through painting by numbers, I developed my patience and gained new skills. I realized that I could create masterpieces and felt like an artist. I am sure that you should also look at the wide selection of paint by numbers amsterdam www.diyvaluepicture.com on this site. You will be pleasantly surprised by their prices

Thread Information