Happy Birthday Play-Doh

Printable View

• 05-04-2006, 04:50 AM
    mwfanelli
    Happy Birthday Play-Doh
    Play-Doh is 50 years old!

It was originally designed to clean gunk off of walls but soon became a great toy for children. Ah... the smell, the taste, the colors! Happy Birthday!
  • 05-04-2006, 06:52 AM
    walterick
    Re: Happy Birthday Play-Doh
    Ah... the memories. I remember sticking it in that machine and pushing the lever down causing the playdoh to squirt out through all the holes.

What was the point of that anyway? A spaghetti factory?

Did you know Post-its were serendipitously invented when a printer at 3M was making stickers and the glue only stuck to half of the back of the sticker?
  • 05-04-2006, 07:36 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Did you know Post-its were serendipitously invented when a printer at 3M was making stickers and the glue only stuck to half of the back of the sticker?

I thought Romy White and Michele Weinberger invented Post-its... :D

BTW, Play-doh is the BEST. Only thing, I never could figure out how to seperate the colors after I had mixed them all together... :cool:
  • 05-04-2006, 08:00 AM
    adina
    I hate play doh. It smells, and gets everywhere. It is, however, good for hours of entertainment, so we suffer thru it.

The squirting play doh is used for hair at our house. We also have a recipe for playdoh, not the salty kind, so when ours is all mixed together, we can just make some new stuff.
  • 05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    I thought Romy White and Michele Weinberger invented Post-its... :D

Steve. Tell me you had to google their last names.
  • 05-04-2006, 10:46 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adina
    The squirting play doh is used for hair at our house.

That sounds like a mess!
  • 05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

Steve. Tell me you had to google their last names.

Not exactly:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120032/

Sure, I love the film (and of course both ladies), but that would be a bit much... :cool:

Hey Rick, did you catch my LoTR reference in the troll thread in the Mod Forum????
  • 05-04-2006, 04:59 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    Not exactly:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120032/

Sure, I love the film (and of course both ladies), but that would be a bit much... :cool:

Hey Rick, did you catch my LoTR reference in the troll thread in the Mod Forum????

Yes, I caught it. Well done :) I am going to change my signature to honor the story's hero, too.

Sorry, I really dislike Lisa Cudrow. And her self-defacing humor. And her HBO show sucked too. So how do I really feel? :D

I'll take Jennifer Aniston over Lisa Cudrow any day. prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
  • 05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
    Asylum Steve
    Quote:

I'll take Jennifer Aniston over Lisa Cudrow any day. prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Apples and oranges. I love all the gals on Friends, especially Aniston...

IMO, Cudrow was actually funnier on Mad About You, where she had a recurring cameo as Ursula Buffay, the ditzy waitress (who also happened to be Phoebe's twin sister).

It was basically the same character, but I think because she was on screen much less often, it was easier to take...
  • 05-06-2006, 06:32 AM
    mjs1973
    Anyone else find it interesting that parernts are giving their children household cleaner to play with? :D
  • 05-06-2006, 06:39 AM
    adina
    Playdoh is household cleaner?

When we make it, it doesn't have anything in it that you wouldn't put in a cake.
  • 05-06-2006, 12:02 PM
    mjs1973
    According to Michael's original post, it was developed to clean walls. It seems pretty harmless now, but I wonder what the original recipe had in it.
  • 05-06-2006, 02:23 PM
    adina
    I guess if I would read the whole post, I'd have gotten that....
  • 05-06-2006, 04:07 PM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Anyone else find it interesting that parernt are giving thier children household cleaner to play with? :D

Whatever happened to "Mr. Yuck?" Is he still around?
  • 05-15-2006, 05:11 AM
    mjs1973
    Play-Doh Perfume
    Get the smell, without the mess!

http://www.channel3000.com/news/9214829/detail.html