PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Gap between the Zooms of TRV 355 and Xacti C-6

It's about camcorders hence it is in Off-Topic:

I am currently using Sony TRV 355 and now planning to buy a Sanyo Xacti C-6. The only thing stopping me is that I am used to 20 optical and 700 digital zooms of my Sony. Whereas Xacti has 5 optical and 12 digital zoom. I wonder what shall I be able to do with comparatively so little zooms. I wish to know
    1)Is Xacti's zoom sufficient for long range outdoor filming?.
    2)Is it easy to transfer videos from Xacti to the computer? I find Sony's Pixela software nearly useless for this purpose.
    3) Does Xacti record films on a tape and stills on a memory stick?
    4) I find Sanyo camcorders relatively rarely mentioned among other brands on websites. Are Sanyo camcorders not popular among users? If yes,why so?

Thanks

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Re: Gap between the Zooms of TRV 355 and Xacti C-6

Quote Originally Posted by sabiqoon
    It's about camcorders hence it is in Off-Topic:

I am currently using Sony TRV 355 and now planning to buy a Sanyo Xacti C-6. The only thing stopping me is that I am used to 20 optical and 700 digital zooms of my Sony. Whereas Xacti has 5 optical and 12 digital zoom. I wonder what shall I be able to do with comparatively so little zooms. I wish to know
    1)Is Xacti's zoom sufficient for long range outdoor filming?.
    2)Is it easy to transfer videos from Xacti to the computer? I find Sony's Pixela software nearly useless for this purpose.
    3) Does Xacti record films on a tape and stills on a memory stick?
    4) I find Sanyo camcorders relatively rarely mentioned among other brands on websites. Are Sanyo camcorders not popular among users? If yes,why so?

Thanks
    Try posting this in the video forum.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Try posting this in the video forum.
    Ok..thanks.

I have seen a significant amount of spammy content on this platform which I wanted to report. I was unable to report the spammy content since I did not know how to do it. Now after visiting https://www.dissertation-service.org...rs/discussion/ site and I would be helping you in eradicating the spam from your source.

Thread Information