PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Heavens above

Heavens above

Many years ago,I had the honor of studying a couple of courses with Janice Huntley,then a very gifted teacher and writer,but yet to publish her very readable "Elements of Astrology".

Pondering how photographers would divide up between the twelve signs,came up with this-

Aries-
    Action-either sports or photo-journalists-war zones surely attract,as would moving around without looking back-almost forgetting the last assignment in the thrill of the next.
    The photos also reflect a well developed sense of humor..and files contain many unfinished projects.
    Owns a rather battered camera,but quality fast glass.and has been involved in punch-ups involving paparazzi and BOTH sides of an demonstration he covered.

Taurus-
    Beautifully composed shots of models,a liking a natural outdoor setting,but perhaps preferring the control a studio gives-where he is a real charmer,can get anyone to sit for him,even reclusive classical musicians.
    While this shooter will rarely be found roughing it in the bush,his landscapes are fine art,
    and there is a well-packed lunch hamper in the car,from the classy,expensive deli whose food he made look like ambrosia.Prefers to shoot film..:the quality of images.

Gemini-
    The location for the days' shoot was to be inside an art gallery,but this guy changes his mind en route, heading for the docks,he spies a half demolished building,spends an hour on the phone that NEVER leaves his hand,persuades all to relocate,comes up with a brilliant set of shots that quickly spread viraly across the web (something he does with the eyes, almost magic )
    He has lost more equipment than most people have ever owned.

Cancer-
    Great shots of the moon,which mesmerizes him-that's obvious.
    More famous for children's portraits,playful and gets along with the brattiest ones,coaxes out smiles,or uses the moods and tears to get the shot,which Mum loves..and pays for.
    In his element at weddings,often mistaken for a guest,he is so at home -as long as no sunrise shots are required-likes to sleep in.
    Collects antique cameras-one belonged to grandmother-his mentor-
    The newest is a waterproof P&S,in water he becomes sleek like a seal,(despite his rather plump midsection),and teaches his kids the basics,disguised as fun.

Astro. blog with some interesting topics-
    http://http://astrofuturetrends.blogspot.com/2007/01/saturn-uranus-and-2008-election.html

Another set of four signs,next time I have wait for an upload...

Issac Newton, entering Cambridge, was asked what he desired to study. He replied, "Mathematics, because I wish to test judicial Astrology." In later years, when chided by Halley for his belief in the validity of astrological principles, he replied: Sir, I have studied the matter. You have not!

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Heavens above

"Taurus... liking a natural outdoor setting... his landscapes are fine art... Prefers to shoot film..:the quality of images."

Wow, that is actually ME
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Re: Heavens above

Oh,yeah,-I forgot,"modest".

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'