PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everyones 9-5 job.

I didnt see an off topic section so I figured I just post it here. So what is everyones 9-5 job on here? Mine is im a Satellite Tech for DirecTV.
    The magic of photography is metaphysical. What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying. - Terence Donovan

Feel free to edit my photos, Just be kind enough to let me know what you did to it.

Sony A350
    Sony 18-70 3.5 - 5.6
    Minolta 50 1.7
    Minolta 70-210 4.5 - 5.64

Re: Everyones 9-5 job.

NVM there is an Off topic section. Mods can you move it?
    The magic of photography is metaphysical. What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying. - Terence Donovan

Feel free to edit my photos, Just be kind enough to let me know what you did to it.

Sony A350
    Sony 18-70 3.5 - 5.6
    Minolta 50 1.7

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

With a wave of the wand, it's here in Off-Topic.

New job title; analyst/designer. I do software, me
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Everyone's 9-5 job.

Official tittle is "communications / productions assistant" although I assist myself! I do do our website (via the cms - my html is rudimentary and my php is non existant) I design booklets brochures posters logos and flyers. I Shoot and edit video and produce DVDs. I also am the defacto systems administrator. I look after user account manage printers solve network issues etc and am the go to guy for any IT related issue. Most of my colleauges introduce me as the video and IT guy and I claim that my official title is dogsbody. I am also looking for something that pays better, so if anyone is interested in hiring me let me know!!
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

My normal job I work in an automotive machine shop, I grind Crankshafts, when the grinding is slow I fill in in other areas of the shop tear down and cleaning, cylinder head stuff, balancing rotating assembly's. Part time job as a technical inspector for NASCAR K&N Filter pro west division.Under car inspector. For the truck series mainly I play pit road dummy and try not to get hit on pit road.
    Jimmy B

Quote Originally Posted by kobrien4
    ....Mine is im a Satellite Tech for DirecTV.
    Nice. I'm about to become one of the Call Center Team Managers for DIRECTV. I'll make sure my team sells plenty of dishes to keep you busy. :wink5:

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye
    Nice. I'm about to become one of the Call Center Team Managers for DIRECTV. I'll make sure my team sells plenty of dishes to keep you busy. :wink5:
    Awesome, Which call center? and are you going to be customer service?

Sony A350
    Sony 18-70 3.5 - 5.6
    Minolta 50 1.7

I'm going to be in inbound sales in the Miami, FL building.

I'm a software engineer for a company that makes ATE for semiconductors

My usual job is Project Manager running IT projetcts, especially ones concerning the Microsoft Exchange corporate messaging system.

Right now I've had to lower myself and and actually do the messaging system part (systems engineer) rather than get other people to do it. Because my Project Managers aren't very experienced and don't know how to organise things today will be 7.30 am till 11m ..

Give me a month or so and I hope I should have them in line.

Afterthought: That last sentence gives the wrong impression. The way to do it is to be very patient with the people running the project and explain why some things won't work the way they want and suggest ways that will work, in little doses when they are ready to listen. Some of my ideas they accept and many of their ideas I have to accept but after a while we get to something that works.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobrien4
    I didnt see an off topic section so I figured I just post it here. So what is everyones 9-5 job on here? Mine is im a Satellite Tech for DirecTV.
    I teach physics at a small college in semi-rural Maryland. I used to earn 6 figures in computing but just got totally sick of doing it. I work for a few peanuts these days but it's actually fun to get up and go to work now!
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Here is a thread from a couple years ago that covers the same topic. I'm pretty much in the same spot as I was when I posted in that thread. We just had some major chances take place last week, and I will be moving to a new building next week. As of right now, my roll is pretty much the same, but I see that changing in the near future.

What's your day job?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mwfanelli2
    I teach physics....
    Very nice. What physics do you teach? I'm a Mechanics Engineering major and just finished Physics II. Magnetism is fun

Formerly Michael Fanelli, mwfanelli, mfa mwfanelli2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye
    Very nice. What physics do you teach? I'm a Mechanics Engineering major and just finished Physics II. Magnetism is fun
    I work at a two year college so it's the first two years: conceptual, algebra-based, and calculus-based Physics (not all at the same time!). The last two cover Physics I, II, and III and soon to be IV. These classes are activity-oriented: no lectures, students learn physics by doing physics. Calculus uses the Workshop Physics approach, algebra physics uses ICP/21.

Others teach engineering courses, again the first two years: statics, some sort of computer modeling class, digital electronics lab, robotics and automation, Matlab, etc.

We have such a good program that our summer physics courses are loaded with students from 4-year universities looking to take physics. The head of our department did a lot of work to get us that reputation.

I also teach other conceptual courses: Physical Science (for education majors) and occasionally Light Science and Essentials of Weather.
    “Men never do evil so cheerfully and completely as when they do so from religious conviction.” — Blaise Pascal

Captain!

You're looking at it. I get paid to hang out here, on Facebook and Twitter, take pictures and play with cameras. Captain of the ship, at your service!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I work in software development, although it has been a while since I changed any real code.

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

I test software, break things, and complain constantly about how sucky Windows XP and Vista are.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck935
    I test software, break things, and complain constantly about how sucky Windows XP and Vista are.
    Huh... if your location was different, I'd think you were the guy who sits in the cubicle in front of me :P

I do desktop applications for a local University.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

RETIRED chemical engineer. How did I possibly have time for work. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

I am a "PRP" and I must humbly say that I am extremely good at it. For those of you that don't know what acronym stands for, I am a "Professional Retired Person". from Bellsouth Telephone Company with 32 years service. I have found that I am well suited and qualified for retirement the last six years. In the last year and a half I have been picking up extra money from my photography and hope to build it up as time goes on, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Portrait photographer - I do the church directories, many of you are probably familiar with.

A lot of software people here!

Manager at Intel.

GB1

Software engineer for a consulting company in San Diego, California (USA). I am lucky enough to work with graphical user interfaces at the moment, which is more fun and artistic than data work which I've done a ton of.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Parts Manager for a Honda Dealership
    Troy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information